Magic Mushrooms...plz help

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by w33sm4n, May 1, 2007.

  1. w33sm4n

    w33sm4n Member

    Ok here's the deal...

    I am alergic to penicillin and I heard that if i munch, there's a big chance i might die. Is that true, or is it just a bunch of bullshit? Also, shrooms are grown from mold, and penicillin is a moldy substance...any suggestions? Facts?

    thanks
     
  2. paintballer687

    paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

    No, there is no direct connection between the penicillin allergy and allergy to magic mushrooms.
    In theory it would be possible though to have mushrooms contaminated with penicillum mold, and in this case they theoretically could contain very small amounts of penicillin.
     
  3. Willy_Wonka_27

    Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

    shrooms are in no way related to penicillin. just don't eat any shroom that have mold on them obviously. normal cracker dry shrooms will be fine to eat. just look them over before munching them.

    also, shrooms don't grow from mold, they grow from mycelium. mycelium may look similar to white mold to the un-trained eye, but it is just the vegetative body of the "mushroom".

    mold severely hinders the growth of both mycelia and the budding mushrooms, and will contaminate the mushrooms. the contamination will be pretty apparent.
     
  4. w33sm4n

    w33sm4n Member

    thank you all...if u all lived in ontario canada id burn you on a monster spliff....but thanks anyway
     
  5. jimi420

    jimi420 Member

    dude w33dm4n i wouldnt even risk it.. i mean dude it sounds like it COULD happen, and if it did.. YOUD GET OWNED. trippin for what sounds like your first time and having an allergic reaction fuck youd be screwed.

    an allergic reaction to penicillin just sounds shitty, what happens to you?
     
  6. Willy_Wonka_27

    Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

    jimi, thats pretty much like saying, "don't risk eating bread" or pretty much any food for that reason. he probably knows what the mold looks like and is cautious with what ever he eats. it will be the same for the shrooms.
     
  7. darkain

    darkain Member

    London Ontario here, now where is my spliff?
     
  8. jimi420

    jimi420 Member

    i suppose, but it just doesnt seem worth it to me. but if your 99% sure about it then go for it and report back
     

Share This Page


  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice