Madea Thread

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by tumbling.dice, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A black man's view on Tyler Perry's Madea character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUl8ZGV92Sk

2. Aerianne

People got upset about what I said in the Punkin' Chunkin' thread.

I hate that some people, apparently, heard something in it that they wanted to call racism.

I'm not racist, nor I am I a bigot.

What I am is very concerned for the black girls that are being raised to be mean and violent.

It is correct to say that black women can be among some of the warmest people you'll ever meet.

I adore black women who are not mean and violent.

It pisses me off that these little girls get programmed to, for lack of a better word, be bitches.

It makes me very angry that their mothers beat, lots of times literally, the sweetness out of them and the meanness into them.

The little girls that this happens to, and it's alot of them, never have a chance to live with a feeling of true joy and contentment.

They never get a chance to be greeted warmly because they don't greet others warmly.

It really breaks my heart to see these little girls being raised to be "hard".

I could go on and on but I hope y'all get the gist of what I'm saying.

3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I get what you mean. But it's very tough for white people to make any comment on black people without it being seen as racist sadly. I've seen the same attitude and they call it being an "African Queen". This is why black guys have told me they prefer white women. In their words the black women is assuming all men are bad and she has her guard up. So even if you are a good guy you will be treated like you are not. So they don't stick around which just confirms to the women that he is "not man enough for her". It's seems like cycle to me. They claim men are no good but they never wonder if their own queen behavior is scaring good men away. There is a lot of pressure to be black enough and other black people sometimes judge you for it. The queen attitude is sometimes a part of that.

1 person likes this.
  4. Aerianne

I hear the exact same thing, here.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

White people can say anything about black people here. Unless your Irm, if you're Irm and you say something about black people the you're just a Nazi, and, even the essence of who you are comes into question.

But if you're a white American it's okay because it's just a bit hard when white people talk about black people.

Lulz.

Seems like the immediate judgement of racial conspiracies is more dangerous that actually listening to what someone has to say in the first place, if the initial thought is "that white person talking about black people? Must be racist" that's just kind of sad.

6. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

ROFL. For real? Where do you find this stuff?

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sometimes it is just the way something is presented.

What Aeri said above in this thread? Thoughtful, nuanced, meant to spark a discussion

What she said in the chat thread? A made up statistic that is immediately going to turn off anyone who gets along with 90% of the black women they come across

Sometimes you just have to be careful with your speech, there is always a way to present the same idea in a non divisive versus divisive manner

8. Aerianne

I couldn't agree more.

Internet is difficult with no facial expressions to be seen, nor intonation to be heard.

I was also careful to specify that it wasn't a statistic but a guess made by me.

1 person likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Absolutely

And I agree with what you said above about raising black girls to be mean. That is heart breaking. There are abusive parents from all demographic groups but I do agree it is more socially acceptable in the black community

1 person likes this.
  10. Aerianne

I absolutely understand the place black women are in.

I admire the women who instill their daughters with positive affirmations about their strength and worth.

It sickens me to see the mothers who think "hard" is the way to go.

It sickens me to see them fist fight their own daughters, and to encourage them to fight other black girls.

It's barbaric.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

you guys missed the news? ..

black woman attacked black woman teacher that took child's phone.. 4th grade to be exact.

12. Aerianne

1 person likes this.