Macron's open letter to EU citizens

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EloiseAtThePlaza, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We could do without Hungary though :p ;)

2. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

It seems so. And I think that's because many who supported brexit based their vote on emotions that were stirred up by the lying politicians who sold it to them, the biased UK media, and the general hubris and xenophobia of large sections of the UK population.

Obviously as a pro-European Brit I'm not very happy about the situation, but maybe for the rest of Europe the UK departing might prove to be a good thing in the long run, as it will perhaps make European integration go more smoothly, and in the big picture the UK is just one country that has had it's day, whilst Europe is the future.

I don't think a comparison between most of the European leaders and the British equivalent reflects very well on UK politics ( I'm understating this ). Seems to me that the UK has become a laughing stock, and when you look at the entire procedure around brexit, it's hardly surprising.

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Is that what he’s doing?

4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Also... this has nothing to do with what I said. Weird how you do that.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oooh, he dissed Thatcher

Thats a whole different thread by itself

But Pffft

6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

How can you compare the Two ? Churchill will be remembered Forever , Macron will be remembered mostly for Tear gassing his own people !
    and the story about him sending troops against the miners is a lie

I suppose he did help to stop the First "European Union" though !

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Quote this paragraph to highlight it

Dude, what?

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh right, just sped read over your post

Just saw negative, bombastic, Macron...thought....uh huh ;)

Still, the letter, thats what it sounds like, oh come on guys, dont leave the party

Like Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters, we have soda and popcorn, and we are about to play twister

9. Asmodean

If you only watch TV perhaps.
    Churchill?? He was in favor of a european union. It's partly thanks to him we have one.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.
  10. Asmodean

You say a lot but actually got nothing. Same with Mally (well, he's actually not saying a lot.. but what he says implies he's horribly misguided and uninformed)

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Ok but who brought the dog?

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, I could push Balbus to clearly and concisely tell us how Thatcher squandered Britains "oil money" maybe in just a few short bullet points instead of mutiple paragraphs of politicking without actually answering the question.

But I know whats going to happen

Ive noticed a pattern in these EU threads. The only UK members that are anti Brexit and respond are from the far left

13. Rots in hell

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  14. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Yep. I've seen this happen in other discussions as well.. The opposing side picks out all the flaws in a plan.. And sees it as a reason to abandon the plan rather than fix it. Which is fine, if they have a different, flawless plan. But usually they have no plan at all.

BlackBillBlake and Asmodean like this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Over here on the other side of the pond I have not heard one reason that Brxit is good. It boils down to "we don't want to deal with EU safety regulations and immigration polices. I'm sure there are other reasons but the racist ones are most clear.

The whole EU system seems great to me. You can work in other countries or drive over a border as easily as I can drive over a state border.

granite45 and BlackBillBlake like this.
  16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's all emotionally driven, misplaced discontent.

granite45 likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Why not form an American Union then? North and South American. Then you dont need a passport to go visit Venezuala or Colombia and Venezualans and Colombia can come work and holiday freely in the US.

Why not expand the EU to include Africa and the Middle east? We are all human after all.

Illegal immigrants in Spain get paid less than the US and conditions are atrocious. If you look at the numbers, each EU lets in lower proportion of immigrants than the US does

18. Rots in hell

Thats a good Idea and the more prosperous countries can fund the less well off ! Wonder why nobody thought of that ?
    anyway this seems to be turning into another (how brexit will Destroy us thread ) So I'm out !!

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Imagine you Europeans had grown up in a world where there never was a European Union. It was just a bunch of countries living next door to each other, like the rest of the world.

Then in 2019 a politician pitched the idea that maybe you should all come together, have certain functions in your country run by people in another country

What would be your reaction?

Because, the rest of the world is asking, well I will just speak for myself, what the hell are you all even talking about?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well if it were me and I had super control of my country, I would take back Austria, ask Poland to ally me. If successful I would control all of the missile centers in Poland.
    I would tell all the other countries they aren't allowed to influence my super country from people run in their country. ;)