Lutheran Love Interest

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Pete's Draggin', Oct 13, 2020.

1. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I was close to steady dating this beautiful, petite brunette last year. Things went south with us, but we're still on really good terms. No intimacy, just friends.

She's a WELS.
    (Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod)

On one of our many conversations, I asked her what she thought of Pope Francis?

She flicked her hand with a shroud noise, and said, "he's just some random dude in a robe"

I laughed.

Religion truly amazes me in all aspects.

2. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

At one level, Pope Francis can be described as "some random dude in a robe." And President Trump can be described as "some random dude in a suit". (What doe she think of him?) At another level, we could say the Pope is a pretty influential individual, as head of a church to which over a billion Christians belong. Or we could discuss positions on controversial issues. Pope Francis is certainly controversial in his liberal attitudes toward atheists, gays, and other matters. I'm sure she's a lovely girl, but might not be such a deep thinker if that's all she could come up with. Or she might just have other things on her mind. Where did you want to go with this?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020