Lucys Dready Thready

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by ~InTheSky~, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Haha, thanks for the welcomes and stuff, this is a pretty funny thread now :)

Rightttooo, so I really wanna wash my hair tomorrow, I have a day off so plenty of time to faff about.
    But I have no suitable shampoo (I've ordered some Dr Bronners) and I would like to try making some, or just using something, like vinegar? Is that right? Or lemon juice? Which is the best thing... or shall I just shove it all in together?

2. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

just mix up som lemonjuice or apple cider vinegar and some water and some sea salt... :)
    Nothing that is going to leave any residue....and if you add a salt spray afterwards it might help them to lock...(but some complain about itchies and irritation from the salt) I personally think if its a good mix it won't be overly harsh :)

and yay for your new babies having a bath! I wash every three days ish (my hair lol I shower more often ;)) and I love how they look on wash days.. :)

3. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Coolies. Thankyou :)

4. arlia

arlia Members

heeeyyy heeey lady
    I used to live in Portsmouth :D
    Im wondering if maybe we met before? who knows.
    If you want a hat just let me know, as I make them for a living.
    good luck on your journey, one thing is for sure, is that you learn patience on the dready journey. It really is an amazing thing

5. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Hey, you're not "Arlia Flower, for dready tams, crochet goods, hemp, glass, patchy and vintage clothing" are you? :D

6. arlia

arlia Members

7. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

Cos i found your site the other day and was drooling over your stripy dread wraps!! :D They're gorgeous! May have to purchase one soon. :D:D

8. arlia

arlia Members

aww bless you
    :D

9. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Oh cool! Hey Arlia :D Maybe we did meet.. haha, where abouts in Portsmouth, I'm outside the city near Waterlooville.
    Where d'you live now?
    I've just put your store in my favorites.. I want... everything, lol!
    I actually might want a hat or band or something, I'm thinking about colours..

10. arlia

arlia Members

I used to live in Stamshaw, then Fratton area, although I used to go to southdowns college and had friends in waterlooie :D

thanks also for the comments on my shop.
    how old are your baby dreads now?

11. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

I went to southdowns too :)
    My dreadies (if you can call them that at this age, they are just fuzz) are about two days and three hours old.. eeeeeeee! :D

12. arlia

arlia Members

it only seems yesterday since my dreadies were that young :D
    they are already over a year old.
    the first month or so i was sooooo impatient to have dreads, but it gets easier as time goes on and you kinda forget about wanting them to dread quickly

13. ThePmiester

ThePmiester Member

Looking great already!
    Keep it up!
    Alex

14. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

5 days :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They were washed last night and it felt sooooooo good.

15. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

aww i knew from your personmality u would be a cutie ;)
    the dreasds lookinmg good so far
    ]id not use vinagar tho thiearely it makes it tooooo sift bakinmg soda insread cleanms well

on the rasta religios thing
    i know many many rastas, some werre very good freinds, some questioned wether i was rasta too my responce would always be simplyu im about as much rassta as i amn any other thing
    give them respect and they give u respect back and wisdom too
    but act like u desserve dreads more then them because u want to a) piss off the establishment b) look cool for your rock band c) sztand out in the crowd ..or whatefver personal reasond u got tghen act like theyre deep spiritual reasons dont matter a bit ofcourse they give you attitude
    and righfully so, 1/2 of ya go around badmouthing rastas yet dont knboiw a single rasta personaly or have a clue what theyre reasonings for dreading are
    the same goes for hindus and others who dread for higherr purposes you act like your superiur becu dreaded just cause u wanted to look cool whenj your all just barely a step along your dread journey and still yet to discover your own personal spiritual connection wityh your roots.

im not putting anyone down im siply saying you should have more respect.. and if give respect yopu will get respected
    nuff said

16. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

See where you are coming from SE....about the respect thing.
    My experience has been the opposite...I am very new into this agreed. However they are the ones who acted superior and that I didn't deserve them. Well what ever my reasons...they are my own...and I have the free god given right to do what the hell I want to with my hair. They (rastas) dont own dreads...they dont have the right to even think that they are the only ones who deserve them. Sorry for the rant. I do try to be respectful...infact..I have said nothing. For it seems I am not such a big mouth in true life.:eek:

17. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

Aww, thanks SE :)
    I'll skip the vinegar for a bit then.

18. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

They will be two weeks tomorrow and I just washed for the third time. This one was just a simple salt water soak, then baking soda scrub, then plain water rinse :D
    These are pictures I took a few minutes ago, it's still drying.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

6 weeks and 3 days :D

It's difficult taking pictures from strange angles and smiling.. for some reason.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of the squishy dready ones, then half way down it goes poofy, then at the end its just.. hair.
    [​IMG]

20. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

The most annoying place to have loose hairs.
    [​IMG]

Another crazy one..
    [​IMG]

Bleh, haha.
    [​IMG]