Lucys Dready Thready

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by ~InTheSky~, Feb 9, 2009.

1. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

The backcombing and progress at 1 day old (yeah I'm fairly impatient, something I need to work on if I want these to go well).

[​IMG]

My head basically looks like a ball of wool when I have it tied back for work. I'm gonna see that as a good thing, haha. I think I need a hat :hat:

2. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

there is a lot of dread talk all over these forums..its just a hair style...have any of you stopped a true rastafarian and asked their advice?and for the record i like dreads on the ladies

3. pypes

pypes Hot alien babes

Why would I ask a rasta for advice? They are all too busy mumbling things under their breath in my general direction.

4. Callie4Strings

Callie4Strings Official Spokes Bitch

Why is there such an assumption that you have to be a rasta to have locks or to properly care for them????????? Ever thought that it is just a religion....I dont ask southern baptists how to fry chicken!

5. ~InTheSky~

~InTheSky~ Member

How the hell has this topic gone from me starting of my dreads to ...asking rastas for advice and religion vs hairstyle in.. three posts!? lmao.

6. SethHasDreads

SethHasDreads Member

you should cuz its the dank of the dank.

7. Callie4Strings

Yeah I know...miss my grannies Sunday dinners:)

8. Callie4Strings

WELCOME:cheers2:

9. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

haha... really..all the posts do this... sorry

Welcome to the wonderful world of dreads... :) sweet:biggrinjester:

10. Callie4Strings

Haaa Tannaleigh...again completly off topic..my daughter was sitting here on my lap lookin at your siggy...she said that green wrap looks like an inch worm!!!

11. tannaleigh

tannaleigh Member

LOL... i'll try and snag some googly eyes for it!

12. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

callie callie...your out of tune..the assumption exists because rastas are RELIGOUS about their dreadlocks ,,blows me away that you seem bothered by my question..lighten the fuck up..

13. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

I love that!

I used to have 2 dread wraps with googly eyes named slimey and slimette. They were my wormy buddies :D

p.s. Lucy! I'm excited for the knotty jounrey you are starting on. It's like nothing else seeing how they change and develop over that first year- so fun!

And on the other subject...her asking a rasta how to care for her hair would be sort of irrelevent as she prob has a different type of hair that goes through different stages...that being said I talked to the nicest rasta man once and he told me simply that if the dreads are in your soul then they will grow on your head, if it's just a hairstyle you'll prompty cut them off...

14. Callie4Strings

WOW!!!!
    So are some hindus...but I dont hear " Hey look at that white girl trying to be a hindu" 600 times a freakin day! Im not religous...so I dont really give a ratts ass...but whateva'. I dont even think I have met a real rasta..a boat load of folks that live here that think they are...and they dont take to kindly to this white girl. :nopity:
    Man dont curse me....not cool!

15. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

So are the Sadhu's of India - they wear their hair in dreads in honour of the god Shiva, who HIMSELF wears his hair in dreads as lord of yogi's, ascetics, and as Nataraja, Lord of the Dance. No-one says 'ask a Sadhu', or a Shiviate Hindu about locking hair - or smoking weed for that matter, which they also do in honour of Shiva (Bom Shankara!)

Why do people think Rasta's are the sole bearers of matted strings of hair, for whom the hair MEANS SOMETHING?

16. amybird

amybird Senior Member

Maybe coz there aren't many Sadhu rock stars :p

17. urbanhedgemonkey

urbanhedgemonkey Member

I think you got that about right! :p There are many 'rock star' yogi's though, but I guess dreads might not go down too well at the salon, daaarling! :D I can't imagine the likes of Madonna or Gerry Haliwell regarding yoga as anything more than a means to stay in shape for the cameras. A set of stinky, knotty locks would just ruin all that groomed and manicured perfection. :rolleyes:

BTW, please forgive my rudeness Lucy. Good luck on your journey hun!

18. amybird

amybird Senior Member

They probably smell after all that dancing anyway :p

19. Callie4Strings

Exactly! :cheers2:

That sounded absolutely fascinating!

20. Mabster

Mabster Member

Welcome lassie =]
    Its going to be one fun journey :D