Lsd Rumor Thread!

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Feelings Of U4ia, Jan 18, 2009.

1. does2

does2 Member

Don't take it personal... kinda goes hand in hand with being selfish :rolleyes:

2. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

haha ight bro, I tend to take things personally alot so I know I need to change that. Ah well, beef sqaushed. :p

3. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

You still have yet to answer my question.

What "rumor" in this thread do you not think is a rumor. Just answer the damn question. Every single rumor posted in this thread was posted because it's a rumor, and so many people have heard it, and they know they aren't true. If you happen to think ANY of these rumors are true (which they aren't) then please tell me which ones, and why you think they are true.

Unless you are going to answer that question, that I have asked 3 times now, please don't respond.

4. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

dude, lemme awnser tommorow, im so sdrunk right now. havsing a serious convo with a girl right now, i'm sorry for my stupidness.

5. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i think the "rumor" that LSD can seep in your skin is true.

maybe it wouldn't happen like the scene in SLC punk...but i think if you were synthesizing (huge amounts of) crystal LSD...then some could seep into your skin and give you at least a slight acid buzz.

that's the story of how Albert Hoffman discovered LSD.
    he got a bit high from handling it...and took it on purpose the next day. then the famous bike ride. that's the story i've read at least. it seems rational to me. i work in a biochemistry lab btw.

how do you suppose acid was discovered?

i also believe that LSD could trigger someone to have mental issues. usually it would take a LOT over a long period of time. maybe just once. who knows. the brain is a the most complicated and least understood organ in the body. yes the person could have had a predisposition to it. that would certainly make it easier for the acid to "set them off." it shouldn't be blamed soley on the drug, or soley on the individual...but a combination of the two, in some cases.

some people can take acid safely and some may not. most of us in here have probably been able to.

6. lucjl volcin

lucjl volcin Senior Member

A lot of people say acid causes your brain to melt which is total bullshit

7. Feelings Of U4ia

Yes, I know that it can trigger underlying mental issues, but the orange juice story is just so far-fetched it's ridiculous. What is even more ridiculous is that it's spread across the entire world...people in different COUNTRIES have heard this rumor, yet people seem to think it's true, and they SWEAR they know OJ man, or know someone who knows someone who owned a dog and the dogs former owner knew OJ man.

8. porkstock41

feelings of u4ia: why won't you address the "acid seeping into skin" thing???

how about orange juice making you trip harder? i don't think i believe that one. maybe lemon juice with shrooms...

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

10. Feelings Of U4ia

I never said that was or wasn't possible. The rumor that I posted was the orange juice rumor, it was more about the OJ rumor, not the seeping into the skin.

The rumor wasn't about if the acid could seep into your skin or not, that is why I haven't addressed it.

And OJ won't make you trip harder. Why would lemon juice enhance mushrooms?

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

It seems to me that people are confusing the fact that an acidic juice will enhance the extraction of alkaloids from natural sources (lemon juice with dried papaver somniferum, for example) and believe that it will make your trip more powerful if you drink acidic juice with the drug, possibly because they think more of the chemical will be absorbed to the bloodstream?
    I really dont know but that appears to be the most likely cause of the myth. Taking drugs at certain times and with an empty stomach from fasting will most definitley cause the drugs to start seeping in sometimes unexpectedly faster than normal. I remember once when I took 6 blotters and it hit me in under 5 minutes, and I mean HIT ME hard. I was normal for 3-4 minutes, during the 4th minute started to feel a bit goofy and got the body strangeness, and at the 5th minute my vision burst open with the most intense visuals I've ever had with LSD. I couldnt see my hand in front of my face lol, it came on so fast and so strong that I got nervous and thought briefly that I had taken an RC that I hadent educated myself on. But of course after a short while it settled in and I began making my ascent towards the magnetic peak and had the familiar (lol) sensation LSD brings to us.
    That was really intense and quite scary actually, I mean I've had some pretty rapid onsets but this was like having an injection :tongue:

12. Feelings Of U4ia

As I always say, Placebo is the strongest drug known to man, and it's legal! Amazing what people can convince themselves to think.

13. neim

neim Member

lol and what is this supposed to mean, do you "always say that"?!
    how old are you like 84?

14. Feelings Of U4ia

Yes, actually if you look up my past threads, I have probably said it over 40 times. People just assume everything, don't they?

Actually I am younger then you, but apparently you can't read, because my age is right there?

Nice try.

15. does2

does2 Member

I lol'd.

16. dreadhead420

dreadhead420 Member

One of my friends told me that he knows a guy whose parents had dropped so much acid that they would just start tripping suddenly. Doesn't sound real to me....

17. neim

neim Member

lol man i'm not trying anything i'm just making fun of your sayings because they sound like an old person... come down mannnn

18. porkstock41

so i was talking to a good friend of mine, who i've tripped with, about acid. and he's like
    "the other day i was shoveling my driveway, and i cracked my back, and i had a flashback!"
    i paused for a minute..was gonna just ignore it, but thought about this thread...
    me: "dude, no you didn't"
    he says "well something happened, i cracked my back, and it felt like i had taken half a hit or something. the snow was getting all...." blah blah

well i explained that acid is not stored in your spine, that it's WATER SOLUBLE so it's eliminated from your body quite rapidly.

he kinda exaggerates most things, but i had to set him straight on this

19. neim

neim Member

i've had only 1 flashback in my life and it was really something. i mean you cant miss it.. i was on the bus looking trough the window and the feeling of being high hit me during 3 seconds aprox. nothing big lol.

20. lou_reed

lou_reed Member

Acid is the leading cause of global warming. tis true.