LSD losing it's "kick"

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Jambi, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Jambi

Jambi Member

I know that exposing LSD to light and air; break down the main chemical in the drug. How long does it have to be exposed to the elements for a noticeable decrease in potency to occur?

Or, is it just light that is the main reason for it to go bad, same thing with air?

I've searched around and have found no reports on the subject.
    :cheers2:

2. gnomefootlocker

gnomefootlocker Member

You mean like out in the snow? It breaks down from Light (espesually sun light), heat, and oxygen.

3. raz5

raz5 زینب

light and heat are the biggest problems. if you have it for a while you gatta keep it in a dark cool place. sometimes i'd put it in a cigarette box and in the fridge/freezer or if it's in the summer i'd keep it in a cigarette box in front of my air conditioner

4. hawaiiankine

hawaiiankine Senior Member

you know thats funny cause in the 70s and even 80s you could keep it in your wallet or whatever and it would still fuck you up. It wasn't until the late 80s that people started fridgerating and foiling etc..I think because the acid was not as strong in the first place so more care is needed to keep from noticing a diminished potency.

5. raz5

raz5 زینب

yeah i had a neighbor, she passed a few months back, she was 60 years old and was still a hippie and told me she used to keep it in her glove box in her car and it was still good, she was one of the coolest cats i have ever met!

keep it away from moisture too btw!

6. Jambi

Jambi Member

That too. The chemical impurities (mostly small amounts chlorine) in water break down the LSD molecules as well.

Guess what im asking is more of a time frame.
    Is leaving Lucy in your pocket for a couple of hours going to kill her? :eek:

7. raz5

raz5 زینب

now-a-days i'd think so... i wouldn't even take those chances. my got some for me and put it in his pocket on the drive home (about 5 minutes) and it was beat when i got it, i don't know if it was from that or it was just a bust

8. Jambi

Jambi Member

That sounds like some bunk cid to me.

9. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

I have left L in a tent for 5 days. The tent was out in the everglades in the sun with no shade (at least mid to upper 80s outside the tent and maybe more inside). I did not notice any dimished effects after all that heat exposure.

10. Jambi

Jambi Member

Was the LSD in direct sunlight or exposed to the air?

I have never heard of heat ruining acid's potency, its the air and sunlight exposure im curious about.

11. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

there was no direct sunlight. It was stored in a ciggarrett pack inside of one of my bags in side of a sock

12. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

I'm sure light really affects it a decent amount. Though I've stashed in in really warm jackets for prolonged periods and its been good.

13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

ive kept blotters for weeks at a time at room temp. I've always just kept them in a cuboard in a CD booklet so they dont see any light, and I still tripped.

14. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

that's acid's downfall - it's so dam sensitive!
    a wooden box on a drafty floor does the trick;
    but if you put them in a tin and place them in the back of a fridge, they'll last for years on end..