Lsa + Maoi

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by TreePhiend, May 14, 2004.

1. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

I know of potenating mushrooms using MAOIs, but what about LSA? Does it double the trip like it does with mushrooms, or is this a very dangerous combo? I can't find info anywhere...

2. Darius

Darius Member

ive been thinking about experimenting with LSA and morning glories but i just talked to my old friend last night and it appears he can get me anything from cocaine to LSD and anything in between but yea LSA still interests me and ill continue to look at this topic and im sorry for not helping.... I guess im gloating, so im sorry.

3. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

whats lsa?

4. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Lysergic Acid Amide. It is chemically similar to LSD, but much less potent and a diffrent trip. It can be primarily used by eating or extracting morning glory seeds or hawaiian baby woodrose seeds. It can also be found in ergot and sleepy grass.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

i've heard of this once in a blue moon, but that doesnt mean its safe. yeah, lsa itself is probably fine with maois, but then the problem lies in the fact that its nearly impossible to get pure lsa compounds with nothing else. there are many, many other chemicals in morning glory and hawaiian woodrose seeds, and at least two of them can make people dog sick even without maois. with maois these brews may be potentially dangerous.

if you were to do a VERY GOOD nonpolar/polar extraction, it MIGHT be safer to try them with maois, but theres still a slight chance that there may be something there that you DONT want to mix with those other chemicals...

as far as i know, it was never common practice to put morning glories or ololiuqui seeds in ayahuasca, and seeing as even tobacco and datura were used in it i would think that should tell you something about the results people got when they must have tried it many years ago...

6. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Yeah, this does seem to be a pretty dangerous combo. But I am surprised that there isn't more info online about this. It shold seem like a perfectly natural combo to try, because LSA, even at high doses does not provide an overwhelming psychedelic experiance and MAOI is known to potenate psychedelics. The best anwser I could find for not doing this combo was the fact that both LSA and MAO inhibitors increase heart rate, and it really won't be wise to do both. I just wanted to add this reply for future users of the Hip Forums to search in case they were interested in this potentially dangerous combo. If erowid dosen't have a good anwser, the Hip Forums should!

7. sag aloo

sag aloo Member

mushroom r fucking wicked with maoi so lsa is prob well worth a go but I heard maoi don't potentiate lsa (+we tried it & it dodn't) so might not work

syrian rue makes it more mellow tho

8. Jack the Stripper

Jack the Stripper Member

what about lsd and an MAOI?