Love?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by TattoedAquarian, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Ellied

Ellied Senior Member

love....sooooo many things i could say bout it but im in a bad mood so it woodnt help anyone

2. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

~soulrebel51 - I'm a big Beatles fan, but had never heard that song so i downloaded it. - Thanks for suggesting it, i really liked it. Very simple and powerful. My favorite lyrics were "Love is you, you and me" (I love how his voice dipped when he sang the first 'you') and "Love is free, free is love" (I'm all about the freedom; i'm such an aquarius). Thanks again!

~Ellied - Yeah, we've all been there before. - Chin up and best of luck!

3. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

love is an illusion. [​IMG]

4. TattoedAquarian

~Ed - Trippy... Oh, and please get out of my ass. (your location)

5. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Love is something very difficult to define because each and every person has their own perception. There are some very well concieved posts on here explaining each person's own personal philosophy on the topic.

What is it?

These quotes explain my feelings on love in relation to soul mates:

"When you love, you open your life to another. all your barriers are down. your protective distances collapse. This person is given absolute permission to come into the deepest temple of your spirit. Your presence and life can become this person's ground. It takes great courage to let someone so close. Since the body is in the soul, when you let someone so near, you let the person become part of you. in the sacred kinship of real love two souls are twinned. the outer shell and contour of identity become porous. You suffuse each other."

"Love allows understanding to dawn and understanding is precious. Where you really feel understood, you feel free to release yourself into the trust and shelter of the other person's soul. This recognition is described in a beautiful line from Pablo Neruda: "You are like no one else since I love you". This art of love discloses the special and sacred identity of the other person. Love is the only light that can truly read the secret signature of the other person's individuality and soul. "Love alone is literate in the world of origin; it can decipher identity and destiny."

"Love is not manufactured or achieved by an act or intention"

"Was it invented by someone a long time ago or has it always been around?"The world was created out of love. Love has existed since the beginning of time.

Is it possible to have a meaningful life without it?
    It is very difficult to have a rich and meaningful life without the existence of love. Your first encounter of love begins with your parents. If your experience with them is not of high quality, then there is a good chance that your experiences with your peers may lack quality as well. Many psychological issues stem from the lack of love one is shown from the early stages of life.

How many different kinds of love are there?/What do you find to be the most rewarding?
    There are many different types of love. Love between family members, love between peers, the love of a mate, and the general love for humanity and the earth. Each and everyone of them is rewarding in their own aspects. The experience of different types of love lead to a more fulfilling existence.

6. TattoedAquarian

~Epiphany - Your first line really brought up a good point, and i started this thread because i like to read about what other people think about it; learning about what's going on in the minds of others is just really fucking fascinating for me... I liked your first 2 quotes about how 'love' is baring it all and being okay with that and such... "It can decipher identity and destiny" (awesome line!) The last shorter quote was very true for me as well; so many times i've met people in my life who always try to prove their loves through their actions and such - but i've always felt that 'love' goes beyond that, although doing nice things is very sweet and can build from love... I've also read a lot about parent's effect on their children in the past so i think i was able to really appreciate your comments on that... Thanks for sharing and reading the other posts on the thread!

7. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

love is like an adventure, you wonder what it's like all your life and worry about whether you'll know or not if you're in love... but when you're in it there's absolutely no doubt.... it rocks :D

8. moonbeam

moonbeam Member

Love is so beautiful. To tell you the truth, i dont know the answers to your questions. Oh, but i have searched.......
    Right now, i am in love. i feel love, i breathe love, i give it, i live it. So deep, so spiritual....And yet.....i cannot put it into words.

9. TattoedAquarian

~Jaz Delorean - *smile* How true!

~LotusBlossum - Damn, you seem like such a romantic... I really liked the following comments especially:
    "Any chemical interaction in the mind is really the physical component of a much deeper, spiritual process." (Very profound)

"It walks accross the entire world with bare feet just for a glimpse." Thanks for sharing man.

~moonbeam - Keep on searching! :)

10. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

Love is when you see the true beauty of something and it hits you so hard that you want to cry tears of joy. It exists to as part of what makes us human. I don't believe it is merely chemical. I believe in a soul, and believe that love is the food of the soul. If you don't have love in your heart your soul will be black and shriveled. If your heart is full of love for everything, your soul will be beautiful and reach out to touch those around you.

11. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

Last year I discovered that the love that is possible to exist between two people was way beyond what I could have dreamed, beyond what I would have asked for if given the option of designing the perfect partner. My imagination never could have equalled the reality.
    Erica is right on, without risk, you risk it all.

Or as Dan Quayle said, "If we do not succeed at this, we face the chance that we will fail." .... lol

Zora Neale Hurston, "Love makes our soul crawl out from its hiding place."

Love is all you need......all you need is love.

12. footprints

footprints Member

love is basically the crazyest thing ever. everything and nothing makes sense when your in love. just one touch can set your heart on fire so much that you just want to fly away with them and never ever return. it doesnt matter what people say or do as long as your with them.
    one person can lift you up so high you feel like your going to drop off the end of the world. everything sparkles and is soft and when the dark times come theres nothing you wish for more than to be in their arms and just dissapear into them.
    theres nothing that can discribe that feeling when your lying down next to them, so close that you can feel your bodys melting together, and neither one of you says a word. You just stare into each others eyes and feel that bond grow inside of you untill it explodes in crazy passion.
    i dont care what anyone says, being in love was the best thing thats ever happened to me. as time passes its not the bad moments in life you remember its the good ones and i will never forget my time with jack. he was....is my world

13. TattoedAquarian

~FreakerSoup - "Love is the food of the soul" *smile* You rock!

~footprints - I'm glad you're in love... Jack sounds nice; be good to eachother! :)

14. TattoedAquarian

I heard this quote somewhere (i think in like a sappy commercial or something honestly)
    that went something like "Love is knowing everything about a person and loving them anyway". I dig that. *smile*