Love two people

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by mary0229, Jan 2, 2005.

1. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

what about grace slicks song, how come we cant we be three? LOL

2. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I thought that was "Triad" by CSN...
    "But I don't really see...
    Why can't we go on as... three..."

P.S. I'm crazy about a forumite as well... Distance is a bitch! :(

-Jeffrey

3. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Jefferson Airplane recorded that song as well, but David Crosby is credited with writing the song. What a great song it is!

Crazy, eh? Yeah....me too! ;)

4. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

I see what you mean about loving two people at one time. As much as I'd like to believe it is not possible, I know how it can be. I'm not sure what you can do except take some time and sort out your feelings. If you really feel this way about two people then I would take time away from everyone and sort things out. I would talk to this person that you feel so much emotion for and explain to him that you feel for him but not in a romantic way. Hopefully, he will understand and want the best for you. Maybe one day you will change your mind about this person, maybe you will not and fall in love with someone else completely. But really what is important is that you realize your feelings and take control of them and make sure you acknowledge everything that is going on. Just to make sure you don't hurt anyone else in the process of figuring this out.

Good luck.

5. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Actually, it's not polygamy, but rather polyamory that you're talking about.

Polyamory is the ability to love more than one person at the same time.
    Polygamy is being married to more than one person -- and not necessarily in love with all your spouses.

I am both bisexual and polyamorous. I have a gay French-Canadian boyfriend who lives in Montreal. He and I will celebrate our 20th anniversary in July (Yes, I can speak French, but my grammar and vocabulary is in the Parisian dialect -- which is too formal for most Quebecers -- and is too limited for me to write this entirely in French).

I wish I could say that I also have a girlfriend, but I can't; I don't have one. There is a woman friend of mine here in Vermont whom I've known for over seven years and I love dearly. She is bisexual herself, so she certainly knows about me and my boyfriend.

The problem is that she's more into monogamy, which I simply can't abide by. While I'd be quite content to not have a relationship with any other woman, I won't give up my boyfriend. So it's an issue that she and I have yet to resolve.

In the meantime, she has a 12-year-old daughter from a previous marriage who's known me since she was 4; she loves me as though I were a second father -- and I've grown to love her as though she were my own daughter (I have no kids of my own).

Being in love with more than one person at the same time does have its complications -- especially if you're bisexual and the people you love aren't. That green-eyed monster, Jealousy, rears its ugly head all the time (It's even worse when Jealousy is accompanied by that other monster, Homophobia, but I digress).

In your situation, I would think that living in Montreal, you would have a big advantage, in that there is a large community of people who have non-traditional relationships. I know that there's a large "swinger" community, but I would be very surprised if there isn't also a community of polyamorous people in serious non-monogamous relationships.

It would be very helpful to you if you connected with people in the "poly" community in Montreal, that way, jealousy isn't as great an issue. Google.ca is a good source to find such communities.

Bonne chance.

A la prochaine,
    Skeeter