Love Stories

Discussion in 'True Love' started by aesthetic, Jun 3, 2012.

1. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I met a girl in Chicago and stayed awhile. This was back when people went South Side to listen to blues and didn't shoot each other nearly as much (and didn't turn their autos to the side when shooting - it hadn't been in the movies yet.

(no - I won't post that one because I'm sending it to a poetry mag by midnight tomorrow PST)
    How about this one then

HUMPING

By Carl (aka JPDONLEAVY) © 2004, 2013, 2017 04xxxx

I used to hump them
    up against the wall of a stairwell
    down from the library
    where I typed L/C catalogue cards
    on an IBM Selectric they were
    expensive then but I have owned two since; they were

mostly slim and tall, small-
    breasted and sterterous-breathed, moistly-
    receptive and musky with longing I
    remember all their first and last names the
    six or seven from the library that Fall, one
    an ex-airline stewardess, faithful but
    none too bright, another
    lately arrived from Poland though
    not from Gdansk a
    ballet dancer she could have crushed me like a python and
    did essay a few thigh squeezes

just to intimate
    her steely cabled limbs the

shorter ones were breastier
    as though God had ordained that they should
    be compensated
    for never seeing
    the fateful throw at the ball game when the crowd
    rears up
    cheering wildly it was

so easy to come in those days, they
    with knee insinuated
    twixt my thighs, my
    fingers sliding up the lissome stockinged limbs and
    past the garters to slip
    cunning fingers into
    “the place where they would be”

(as Lady Franklin so sweetly put it on her monument to Sir John and his gallant band—of their 1846 Arctic demise)

There was a New Zealand girl lately
    ex-London and mad for it, a New Zealand girl
    who systematically
    worked through we lowly clerks
    one by one in her minuscule apartment she
    stood not upon the order of her coming
    giving it up at the first thrust, her
    baby ass vibrating
    like an exerciser belt she
    married a dentist some years later and we
    corresponded for a time, but

the sweeter couplings lay beyond

the stacks that separated
    us from the cataloguers, those
    with BL esses, the quality
    women………….

Maggie: laughing and lively this was
    much more serious and
    left a deep well of grieving when she
    moved on but then

a freckled redhead – ex Air Force corporal
    renewed my life when
    at the office Christmas party
    she melted in my arms and
    made me whole for the
    balance of winter, she

is dead now, Michael
    for whom I had worked told me
    she was crushed by an 18-wheeler
    back in the 70s
    up to the Lakehead, she had

always liked compact cars.

-30-

June 14, 2004, Kingston, Ontario

2. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Life is strange sometimes.....and maybe that is your one and only, and you will meet up with her again someday......and then be together forever.....Maybe that is written in the stars for you.....Life certainly has a way of going its own way sometimes no matter what we do.

3. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I've though about looking her up on here... I'm foreign to social media sort of but maybe I'll make a page ha ha... sounds desperate huh? Lol make up a Insta-twitter-book to see where she's at... I don't even know what state she's living in... maybe it was just meant to be what it was and that's all... never know though I guess... only woman I ever cried over ha ha... oh well

4. Moonglow181

How did you find this place? This is the only social media place I visit......I found it here by putting in metaphysics forums in the search engine.....

and you never even found out what state she was going to?

I loved someone once, and wanted to fall madly in love with him, as he seemed to be with me....but my mom told me if I went to him, I could forget about her and my brother and the family. i took her seriously, as she always meant what she said...., and I was too chicken at the time to disobey. Lose my brother? She did not like him...but my dad told me I should have married him...Oh, well, is right.....I am over it now, though....he was an artist like me.....and pretty well known in the SF field. i started out with him being his model for book covers,....

no nothing ever nude...I can hear the questions.... :D

and I am not going to blame my mom so much , either...as if he really wanted this....nothing would have stopped him for fighting for it and giving up so easily and blaming me for not standing by my man...when I was...instead of going to war with my mom at the time.

5. I don't know moonie...someone who is willing to sacrifice their love for you...I can't stand that shit. What kind of real love is that? Maybe your mom was right and concerned for you though.

My ex-girlfriend kind of made me confused about what love is. She was very frigid, but at the same time we got along so well, two peas in a pod. But eventually I was like, I want some romance in my life...and left to find that kind of love. And now I'm like, "What is romance?" Shit doesn't seem to exist except in fairytales and for people who can afford to buy candlelit dinners and diamond rings. So did I ditch the love of my life just so I could go out and bang random chicks? I'm sorry, but as nice as banging random chicks would be, having someone I related to like I related to her was even better. Now it all seems shallow and fake to me on some level, though I'm making a concerted effort to forget. I hope that kind of love isn't once in a lifetime. I screwed myself pretty hard.

6. Moonglow181

I edited and added in a sentence there which you may have not seen......yes, i realize....and I made the right decision........but confusing as hell at the time and painful.......My mom did not like Stan, either, or anyone I ever knew....she did not like anyone....lol...and it seemed to me she only liked my brother that she did not even like me ever.......but he walked through hell and back over and over to win me......yes, he warred with her but he also helped her more than anyone else I ever knew......so that is why i married him......
    i fought with her the last day I saw her about it.....too,.,..and then the next day she died....and I did not know she was going to die the next day....but I made decisions all along not just for myself.

7. Moonglow181

Talk about jealousy....I was moving into an attic apartment at the time...up 3 flights of narrow , winding stairs to get to my apt. Stan was helping me move....so there is my treadmill that weighed a ton and was put together already....I said to Stan,. let me get my boss to help you with that. Stan burned with jealous rage and carried the damn thing all the way up the stairs by himself just to show me....:D
    I think he shot out one of his knees around that time, which is why he cannot jog with me, anymore.......

1 person likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

Now, Neon...please explain who is sacrificing their love for anybody?

9. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Honestly I just looked up hippie/spiritual sites and eventually stumbled across this lol... sounds bland huh? I'm not one to type in statuses about my day or how great things are or pictures of my truck ha ha I know that's not what social media is all about, I'm just being an old man about lol... sorry that was all judgmental about social media :) I feel like here there are interesting conversations to actually be made... if I want to talk to my buddies or family I'll pick up a phone... maybe I'm old school in terms of that and should catch up to the times, I don't know... my mom always told me I was an old soul

And she was living in Colorado when she moved but that was 8 years ago... she may still be there but I don't know... unfortunately I was so torn over it that I tried to push her out of my mind completely and eventually it helped but yeah, lingering questions when I have a moment to think... which is now since I just moved and don't have anyone close nearby really...

10. I was meaning your mom, saying she'd cut you off if you went with him. But maybe she just did know better. I don't know what I'd do if I was a parent either. One of the last things I'd ever allow is for a kid of mine to get used and thrown away by somebody. If she didn't like him maybe she had good reason, or maybe she was just overprotective. At the same time I find it hard to believe that she would have seriously cut you off if you had gone. But maybe she knew exactly what to say to get you not to.

I think our ancestors are in a better place. I think they understand things better and forgive us, watch over us. I'm only really recently starting to think this might be the case, though, and man have I done some embarrassing things when I've thought I was alone.

11. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

I met my wife at the end of her first term in college. Being older than her, I'd already been there for two years. We started dating steadily and, six months later, I asked her to marry me. We were engaged for two years before we finally married. We'll be celebrating our 38th anniversary one week from today!

2 people like this.
  12. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

When you know, you know... I try not to see any of my experiences in life as regrets but I really wish I did something more to make sure my relationship with Holly worked out (it was 8 years ago now that she moved and that was the only reason it ended)... I didn't own property, I'm sure I could've found work if I followed her... we were together about the same length of time as you and your wife were when you got engaged to her (6 months maybe) but before or after I haven't had that type of real connection with any other woman... I thought to myself that I could marry her many times while in the relationship... hence why I've ended a number of relationships since without anything being really wrong with them... other than i just didn't feel what I felt with her

... congratulations on 38 years... that's special and feels more rare as time goes on

1 person likes this.
  13. AlongTheWatchtower

AlongTheWatchtower Banned

OMG honey you know what you need to do. Make your next 38 years with your lost love. That is too frickin' sweet.

1 person likes this.
  14. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Ha ha... making me blush... but yeah who knows

15. AlongTheWatchtower

Where is this lady now Jude? If she isn't married I say reach out to her if you still think about her in this way.

16. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I'm going to see her for the first time in forever on Friday... a friend of mine was still in touch with her via social media... we were going to meet in October for this thing right around my birthday but she mentioned she would be just a few hours away this week... she is actually coming to my house (I just moved in a month or so ago)... she's curious to check it out and naturally I'm nervous as shit because of it ha ha...

...okay I'm babbling as usual...

17. AlongTheWatchtower

I was totally feeling your energy like you would be responding. I'm going to send you a PM if you don't mind. You aren't babbling Jude. I just don't want to say/ask anything too personal regarding this matter on the public forums. Can I message you?

18. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Sure...

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

why bother sending pms when you share the same ip addy

1 person likes this.
  20. Moonglow181

hmmmm....right