Love and Loss...twice in a week! oh lord....

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by TheLittleOne, May 16, 2004.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

well as you know, my boyfriend dumped me on thursday and ends up going to his prom with some chick that supposedly looks justlike me....i loved him but we drifted apart.
    meanwhile, an ex flame is visiting from georgia before he goes off to korea for more army training for a year...and he's in love with me. me and my bf break up, and i spent as much time as possible with this guy till he had to leave this morning...
    he had a going away party yesterday and we spent the night together and made love all night and hugged and kissed and promised to be together when he returns....i didnt think i liked him too much when he came back, but i realized that i do. i love him. and he's a good person. and he loves me and....
    i'm just so distraught...i had to watch him leave me this morning and he won't be back for a year....and i miss him...and i love him...
    i hope he gets his two week vacation in october...and i hope he doesn't forget about me...
    i just want my baby back...i dont want him to go away...we're so perfect together. i was doubtful at first and didn't know if i even liked him, but he practically made me love him. everything he did was perfect. and he cares about me so much. how can i not love him? and now he's so far away...but i'll be thinking of him everyday...and missing him. does anyone know what i'm going through? it's hard here all alone...

2. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

I don't mean to be harsh, but does the word rebound ring a bell? You just broke up with a guy that you "loved" and now:

"....i didnt think i liked him too much when he came back, but i realized that i do. i love him."

sounds like you are kinda lonely and are using this guy as a pick-me-up. Either way, take his time away to play. You don't have to cheat per se but you can flirt alot and recover. If yall are really in love, when he comes back yall can be together. In the meantime, don't sell yourself short or miss any opportunties. If he is your heart, he will be a year from now. I could be wrong, I'm just some chick on the internet.

3. TheLittleOne

no, he's not a rebound. we were starting to see eachother before me and my bf even broke up...he was actually there for me when my bf wasn't. he actually spent time with me and cared...where was my bf? "at work" i.e. riding around in his stupid little car w/ some blond chick. so, no, he's not a rebound. just a person that i am very happy with

4. randomuserhaha

randomuserhaha Member

Not to discourage you but I used to work at a military hospital in korea as a volunteer. Military personels pretty much sleep with everyone. It's worse than a soap opera or some tv show where everyone sleeps with everyone. I did not participate, I was just an observer but military men and women are pretty sleezy / easy. If your new found love will be stationed in Korea I bet the first week he's gonna go to one of those military discos and get laid with some army chick. If he's going away for a year don't dwell on him so much and try to meet new people. When he comes back and you guys are still into each other then get back together with him then. But for now look out for yourself.

5. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

We are suposed to be helping this women not killing her! jesus!

Plenty more fish in the sea love, a whole planets worth of people still to discover.

the guy who left you for your prom clone, he must still like you if he is dating your clone... and she was probabaly a rebound.

your army dude. He seems nice, try and phone him and keep in touch, when he gets his holiday visit him

Time makes the heart grow fonder..

Jesus... being a women is harder than you think when your a man...

6. TheLittleOne

i doubt that he is sleeping around. i mean, the boy keeps a picture of me in a plastic bag in his hat at all times...and he wouldn't lie to me, he said he hasn't been w/ anyone since he's been in service. so, i hope he calls soon. and things will be fine.

7. ronnyromance

ronnyromance Member

Two things you will learn.

1. You have no idea what love is yet. You are experiencing lust.

2. We men are liars. Sometimes we may seem very genuine but believe me when I tell you dont believe everything he tells you. He will definetely by sleeping around in Korea.

8. Mintaoism

Mintaoism Member

Exactly. se some women look on the bright side of life.. you other negative persons should be ashamed..

monty python

give us a grin...

9. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I hope the best for you.I can not tell you what to do but just share my own thoughts on this.When you end a relationship it is very very healing to give some time for your self .Doing this gives you a better picture of the whole thing.

10. ronnyromance

ronnyromance Member

I look at the reality side of life. Alot of times reality can be harsh or even cruel but its reality. I have never been one for sugar coating things or lying to myself to make myself feel better. I accept life as it comes and as it is.

11. randomuserhaha

randomuserhaha Member

Yeah I would try to be more realistic. His body may or may not cheat on you but as long as his heart's affections for never waivers then maybe you should give him a chance.

A year is a terribly long time for a man who's been sexually active to completely give up sex with a female. But if you do decide to get back together with him make sure both of you do a STD check at the clinic with bloodworks and all. Look out for who's number 1 on your list, yourself.

12. Still excellent advice!

[Challenge, accepted!]

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

So, you were cheating on a bf.
    says a lot.
    Focus on you. Worth is not defined by who you date or boink. It comes from within.
    Focus on school, and trade or college.
    Make you a catch. Don’t settle.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i remember when hipforums was full of teenagers. now they're all on snapchat or whatever and hipforums is just us old farts.

15. buzzgunner

buzzgunner 180 grains of diplomacy Lifetime Supporter

As a 63-year old, I'd rather be a teenager on snapchat. ;)

16. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

You deserve better.

17. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

Don't ever give anyone your heart and you will NEVER get hurt. That is the basis of Eastern Philosophy. Be ONE within yourSELF.