Louis vitton

Discussion in 'Boycott' started by Gniknus, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Gniknus

Gniknus Member

Boycott Louis vitton, because their purses aren't made out of real leather it's made of this cheap plastic made in Glendora, CA that admits a horrible smoke that kills our Earth faster.

2. Vana

Vana Member

Yep. Because leather is so much better for the animals, and the planet.

3. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

thats why I dont use either
    cotton all the way

4. Godisimaginary

Godisimaginary Member

Actually it is. The leather that is made into jackets, bags, shoes ect is just a biproduct of the meat industry. If they didnt use it, it would just get wasted and thrown away. Almost without exception, no one is killing animals for their skin, at least not for leather, fur is another story.

5. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

What bullshit

6. behindthesun93

behindthesun93 Member

But the amount of pesticides, land destruction, CO2 emissions, and water needed to create that animal and get the leather is alot worse than pleather. either one sucks. really bad.

7. Gniknus

Gniknus Member

True... why do these women need purses anyway? I put all my money in my pockets.

8. josh55116

josh55116 Member

i'd boycott louis vuitton on principle alone

9. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I usually buy my purses second hand. Designers are a ridiculous waste of money.

So what would you do if you had your period? Stuff your pockets with pads?
    Women's clothing does not always have pockets.

10. fluttersteke

fluttersteke Member

I'm a female. I'm not so much a tom boy and I love getting dressed up and doing all those girly things but I'm not really one of those high maintenance "girly girls". But one thing I really hate that girls do is buy purses. I HATE purses and have always hated purses. I don't understand the style and fad for them. Sure, you can keep your lip gloss, cell phone, birth control pills and car keys in an over sized purse. You have everything you need with you but if I'm dealing with the public all day whether I'm shopping or at the bar/club/party or even at a library or bowling alley (I don't bowl, btw- just an example) it's my biggest pet peeve to carry a purse with me. I always want to just set it down somewhere and pick it up later but I can't do that for obvious reasons. It actually ruins my time to carry a purse. I always think about how I have a purse and it drives me crazy. Its really annoying. I also don't do wallets either since I always forget to put money in my wallet. I always end up shoving a wad of cash in my pockets. That's how I like to do it though. Just roam around the streets freely with no jacket or purse and just the clothes on my back.

As for the tampon comment made by daisymae, I don't need to carry tampons with me all the time. I work at home so if I need a tampon I simply walk to the bathroom and grab one. If I'm out, I'm usually not out long enough for me to need a quick tampon and if I am, public restrooms always have those machines. On rare occasions if I'm ever somewhere for a long time, I may bring a small bag for my tampons. But I hardly ever need to. You also say a lot of women's clothes don't have pockets and thats true. I'll wear dresses and skirts with no pockets but as for jeans-- I would never wear jeans that don't have pockets. Never liked those much either. But I know what you're saying. Some people need a purse to carry their personal goods. That just doesn't work for me.

11. daisymelan

daisymelan Professional fence sitter

I would never spend money on something so status like. I can think of a million better ways to spend my money. So I'm in on the boycott. lol

12. Sunflower Sky

Sunflower Sky Member

I use cotton and hemp anyway. but it's always a messenger bag so i don't really have to carry it

13. stacy lulu

stacy lulu yeeeaah buddy

:rolleyes:

so what. bimbos are not going to stop buying those (ugly ass) purses