Lost

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by ~AmyLeeLoo~, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

So a good Show!!!!!!!!!!!! Love it so much!!!!!!!!!!
    Peace

2. sunyatasamsara

sunyatasamsara Member

ive seen every episode, you can watch them free on abc's website, i missed the whole first season and half of season 2 and watched them all free on there. THEY have a lost video game on xbox 360 and ps3, and if you have those systems dont buy it cause i looked into it and its only fun for us fanatics. It costs 60 dollars so the thing to do is rent it cause i read around and the thing to do is rent it cause it lasts just over 5 overs to beat, and i know us fanatics can handle that in one sitting.

3. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

My all time favorite TV series!! Might as well be crack......way too addictive!!

4. Celtic Hippie

Celtic Hippie Member

Did you guys all see the finale! It was SO good! My friend also has the Lost game for pc. Not bad actually.
    Peace

5. darthkacie

darthkacie crazy diamond

my favorite part of lost?
    NAVEEN ANDREWS

oh my
    the naughty dreams I have about this man
    :]

6. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Naveen Andrews and Josh Holloway. :)
    But on a more serious switch, LOST my shit, maaaan.
    I am totally addicted to this show!
    I cannot fucking wait until Season Five comes on ABC.

7. captainanarchy

captainanarchy not now, not eva'

do you know when that's gonna be?
    and yeah that finale was fucking crazy

8. ChickyChick74

ChickyChick74 Member

9. TheSongRemainsTheSam

TheSongRemainsTheSam Member

Wee! A lost thread.

I'm deeply in love with this show. Its been my addiction since the series started. Still holds my interest.

What is your guy's favorite season?

10. dereistic

dereistic Member

it's hard to pick a favorite season, but 1 and 2 definitely had me hooked more than any other. i watched both seasons in about 2 days.

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I like the characters more than the story. To me it seems they never had a solid plan for the story. My wife would be like "where's this going" and I'm like "I don't think the writers know where this is going". When the show first started all you see is some trees moving and some noises and the pilot getting ripped out of the cockpit and I was thinking it must be like Land of the Lost with dinosaurs and there were probably writers that wanted to go in that direction and the producers were like " we don't have a budget for CGI dinosaurs, but we can do smoke!".

Anyway, I hadn't watched the last few episodes but my wife was filling me in and this got me thinking about time travel. The characters on the show have relived countless lives ending up on the island and only a few are aware of this. I know time travel is impossible and this is pure fantasy but if it were possible to time travel I think a few things would need to be true. The universe would need to be on an infinite loop or cycle of where it expands, life evolves, collapses and starts over. There would also be no real randomness, every cycle creates the exact same universe right down to the lives on this planet. Say the period of one full cycle is 30 billion years. The only way to travel back in time is to really suspend your life and consciousness and somehow detach yourself from the cycle of the universe. So if you travel back in time 30 years to 1979, you're actually suspending yourself until 29999999970 years into the future where you join the next cycle in the earth year 1979. From your point of view it's like suddenly appearing in 30 years in the past. To me this is the most likely way time travel would be done although still impossible and full of paradoxes. I've just never heard any sci-fi that explained it my way.

12. TheSongRemainsTheSam

Haha.

1 & 2 were great seasons.

Season 5 has been a nail-biter. I can't wait for "The Incident" this Wednesday!!

13. nldn

nldn Senior Member

Evangeline Lilly is gorgeous, though even before the show went to Sky in the UK I'd stopped watching.

14. the godfather

the godfather Banned

who fort that the season finale was shite? =]

15. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

I didnt even know it was the finale, so when the last episode ended I was like, 'yeah, they better explain wtf's going on next week!' Then I read the TV guide...

The first season was the best, but I just want to find out what the hell is going on now.

16. steph02

steph02 Guest

Agreed, I wasn't all that impressed with the finale. It was hardly a massive cliff-hanger that has you eager to find out what happens because well... it's not really clear what went on, to be honest! This season in generally hasn't exactly been gripping for me, how about you guys?

17. Valdis

Valdis Member

I pretty much hated this season. Really I haven't much liked any season since the first. I just want this thing over with a payoff for the viewers.

18. OptimisticFutureBlues

OptimisticFutureBlues Member

Richard Alpert has entered "Self Destruct" Mode. All of the main characters are "Candidates", John Locke Isn't John Locke even though everyone that speaks to him calls him "Locke". Sayid has entered the dark side. Kate is in deep shit with Claire. Hurley is best buds with Jacob. Jacob was stabbed by ben. Then ben dug his own grave as punishment for killing Jacob but talked his way out of it once again. Jack is a man of faith now that he knows hes a candidate. Sawyer lost his trophy mama and has once again gone rouge. Jin speaks english now. Sun wants to find Jin. Lapidus doesn't know what the hell is going on. Everyone at the temple was massacred by "Locke". Charles Widmore has arrived on the island with a crew of seamen. It is revealed that the survivors cant kill themselves, but they CAN kill each other. Two sides divided, "One is light, one is dark" one is apparently leaving forever, the other wants to fulfill destiny.Things are going to start coming together.

19. TheSongRemainsTheSam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVnTFit98UY"]YouTube- Lost Season 6 Jack And Richard Dynamite Scene

20. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

So far they haven’t fully explained why Hugo hasn’t lost any weight even though he's stranded on an island
    with limited resources :confused:

Hotwater