Loop pedals

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by backtothelab, May 28, 2004.

1. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

I was looking at the Boss RC-20 loop station. Has anyone ever used one of these, or a loop pedal like it? How do they work? Do you just record with one pedal and it loops over? How well does it go with other effects pedals?

2. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

If you're using a loopstation with any other pedals, you need it to be the first one in your line, or you'll be looping all of your effects too.
    You just hit one button to start/stop recording. Then there should be a seperate play button to play/stop playing what you've recorded. There's usually some settings for delay on the loop/speed of the loop. And with the Boomerang loopstation, you can also play the loop in reverse delay, I'm not sure about the boss one though.

3. deadphish&cheese

deadphish&cheese Member

In my opinion the Boss Loop Station is the best loop pedal you can get that isn't a rack effect. It is easy manipulated and controlled. All you do is press a button to record a segment of your song and then press the other button to play it over and over. REAL cool for just jamming by yourself or with some friends. I wouldn't reccomend it for gigging.

4. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't reccomend boss...

5. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

^^Why is that?