looking for the good

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by mariecstasy, May 11, 2004.

1. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

good morning. or is it? to me it hasnt been. i woke up, started my morning chores, went to feed my fish, ended up dumping it all over my carpet, had to vaccuum it up.
    gave daughter her drink, she got pissed and dumped it all over the kitchen floor. had to clean that up.
    felt faint, went to the bathroom and vomited.
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

so i get in my car to try to come into work and i am frustrated beyond belief. i just want to cry. so i think about things and i think about the fact that there are days like this and to not let it get to me.
    so i start to think about what fuels my fire. i have a list of things......... my daughter, nature, hiking, hanging out with friends, watching news and seeing heartwarming stories, coming here, breath, life.
    so instead of sinking into depression.......instead i am gonna fuel my fire and have you all add to it with the things that fuel your fires.

2. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

My family
    Significant other
    Friends
    MUSIC!
    Bellatrix (my kitty)
    This place among some other sites
    Outdoors

I'm sorry you're having such a bad day. :( When I have those days it always helps if I can sit back, look out an open window and just breathe. Then turn on some nice tunes (preferably the Grateful Dead, Rusted Root, or James Taylor if I'm in real need of a pick me up) and just let myself flow. You probably can't do that at work though huh? Anyhow, I hope your day gets better!

3. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

my baby, my husband, my music.my nuisance kitten.

4. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

ISNT IT wonderful that we are blessed with so many good things that we can look too instead of sinking into selfpity and pain

5. StellaBlue

StellaBlue Senior Member

Without sadness, happiness would not exist.

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

self-pity and pain aren't usually my problems as marie can attest. my problem is usually a shitty temper.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

THEY arent usually my problem either. but there are some days that just try to push you there.

and i love sad days sometimes. its just the frustration that pisses me off. and this morning has been so freaking frustrating.

8. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

I'm sorry too that you are having a crappy start to the day...is it your nerves or somthing that made you throw up??

*sends soothing vibes*

Going outside always makes me feel better, so does hugs from my kids or talking to my friends. If it's unshakeable self pity I just go in the art room and lock the door. I can loose myself for hours in there and by the time I come out I've forgotten why I went in in the first place.

I hope your day gets better.

9. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I DONT KNOW. i think it might be the nerves but i still feel very nauseous. i feel like i should be home in bed, but it is prolly the weekend catching up w/ me. i need to learn to slow down and to realize i am getting old, though i don't feel like i am!

outside is my saving grace.

10. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

The beautiful thing about my GOD is that HE let's me start my day over as often as I need to.

11. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

well does your God give me permission to go home and go back to bed.
    lol just kidding

12. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

Marie, you are a booger butt.

13. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

sometimes !!!!!

14. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I think that the only thing that truly annoys me is my dad... we get on each other's nerves for some reason, really easy....

sorry that you had a bad day, I hope things picked up for you...

15. steffan

steffan puffin

what fuels my fire? i sapose the future, and what i will build there. I am old enough and wise enough now to know what i need to do to make a life with filled with what i need, and i have accuired the the ability to make it happen