Looking for Leo

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by ichigo_fizz, May 11, 2004.

1. Glove333

Glove333 Member

I am graduating from art college on wednesday, and art is mostly about non verbal communication, except poetry and other literature. I don't think I have too much ego or I try not to and am a fairly nice guy and quite shy. So Ginge you and me have something in common and I think there are smart and dumb people in every sign, we all have our faults its the good things we should concentrate on and cultivate ;)

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

lay off the stereotypes...

but uhh... i am relatively smart, especially for my age.

quite the intellectual my history and photography teacher said, both very kewl people.

3. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

leos do pretty good with libras but then again it depends, as there are many diffrent types of libras and diffrent types of leos.

for example gems are suppose to get along with aries, but there are many diffrent types of aries, the slutty ones and the active sporty ones, same with gems there are the video/board gamers and the flirts.

there is some attraction between libra and leo, i can't say all leos and libras are "fit together" but what i can say is the two signs get along most of the time.

But the compatablity between the two signs(leo and libra) is vary sterotypical it normal works if both are egotistical and they fuel each others ego, almost like leo and leo, but in this case libra isn't competing for the attention leo needs.

but this is coming from sterotypical view of boths signs

thanks for letting me talk to ginge, you made me rethink a bit what comes to my mind when i think of leo.

4. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

im sure there are a ton of exceptions to the whole thing.

5. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Thanks for the insight, Ben. :)

You know, with so many exceptions, you could almost say signs don't mean a damn thing.

6. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

lol true that.

ultimatley, each person determines what kind of person they will become.

7. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

Sun signs don't mean a damn thing, astrological charts mean a damn thing.

go to http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp they can do an astroloigcal chart for you for free, noramly it costs $$$ for an astrologer do this type of work, but astro.com does it for free.

8. ichigo_fizz

ichigo_fizz Member

this has nothing to do with any of the above posts, but my dog is a Leo and he loooooooves it when I brush him. ^_^ it's so *cute*!

9. sprout

sprout DeadHead

yeah this is crazy~~I've never seen this kind of talk for any other sign.....I'm a LEO male and not nearly as egotistical as this thread would suggest, I'm shy for the most part and very humble about alot of things...I'm mean, I can get crazy for real but its not like staring into the mirror for hours on end....

10. ichigo_fizz

ichigo_fizz Member

well, like others have said before, it all depends on your chart as a whole rather than just one influence alone.
    Say sprout, what's your ascendent? Cause you were saying how you're shy and stuff and that's not typical for Leo. I'm an Aquarius [obviously xD;] and i'm shy too which isn't common for Aquarius but I have Pisces ascendent [bleh] so i was thinking maybe that's why. ^.^

11. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

Oh goody, another good leo, i find that there are rally anoying in your face leos and leos you make something out of there lives, kinda like bill clinton.

the problem is simple the bad annoying leos cause a bad rap for all the leos even the silent, quiet, observent leos.

Going back to what you said about how this talk is crazy what about the thread started somewhere elese on the fourm entitled "proud leos".

12. sprout

sprout DeadHead

Yeah its all good though:cool: I think its funny and I have to agree that most LEOs are like that, but not all.

We're good people!

13. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

what is a descendant??

14. jaycee

jaycee Member

perhaps i am laying myself bare for ridicule etc but hey i am a male leo. although aparently i lack alot of leo charicturistics according to a fellow forumer.
    quick question as i have seen Leo's being observed in a very negative light, is it not possible to break away from these typical traits? after all many have led a life which has first broken them before rebuilding and reshaping them as a person.
    well anyhow if you are still looking for some interaction

feel free to drop me a line

love and peace...keep smiling
    jx

15. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Heya

well i didnt read the whole thread (short attention span, sorry gemini here :p
    ) but what i can say is a lot of people are picking up on the Leo traits and not quite understanding why.
    Firstly Leos ARE as you have pointed out (many of you :p) very very attention seeking, growing up with a Leo mum who also seemed to attract a lot of Leo boyfriends and friends showed me this early on. But its also a severe security issue. Nervous times cause them to play up more because they find it a lot more difficult to handle thei emotions than some other signs.
    Also while a large majority of Leos do seek attention to them selfs in that very over the top "look at me"way there are the few which get their attention in different ways, some of the more subtler Leos will do things that help them fel wanted without needing the stage to do it, being very clinging and needing a lot of love in a relationship can be quite typical, as flirtatious as they are they do like to have one person give them constant love.

Also i will now stick up for Jaycee here. I have NEVER been able to get a close relationship with a Leo in my entire life, i have been surrounded by them since birth and have never found a leo i connected with, Tarus signs usually end up being good friends with me actually, anyway Jaycee i will agree is not like any other Leo i have ever met, far from being the attention seeker most leos are portrated to give, he likes to give attention, very much a selfless person. The only Leo ive ever connected with and we share a connection deeper than almost anyone ive ever met.
    What you have to remember is we all have 12 signs which effect our personallity in different ways many people focus only on that main sun sign but it must be remembered not everyone can be judged upon this, also one of the points about learning about your sign is so you can find yourweaker and stronger points and work upon them.

16. people_lovr

people_lovr Member

another leo here
    i know i 'm a little late in the game, but after reading this i had to say something.
    It seems like all this sign stuff is just giving people more reasons to discriminate.
    I have been told all my life i am not a typical leo at all. In fact opposite. I don't really give signs a whole lot of weight though.
    It's just kinda crazy all the generalizing going on.
    Both my boyfriend and I are leos. We are both pretty quiet but talk alot more around friends. By no means loud or center of attention type people.
    I love to help people, mostly mentally and emotionally. Not like the best advice giver, but love to help as much as possible. I love having lots of friends, but not for attention, more to keep me from thinking too much. I drive myself crazy if i spend too much time alone.
    I'm not really sure what my point is, i guess i just took a little offense to all the Leo bashing
    For curiosities sake could someone post all the typical leo traits?
    thanks
    ~Peace ya'll

17. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

i think your right on fleassy, because i've encountred many leos before and well i started to hate all leos when i meet this certain leo.

sorry i couldn't reply earlier this gem has been out of town, birthday etc.

but what you said makes perfect sense because that leo was probible the more outgoing leo, while i'am probible the more quiet gemini, so in a way are charts clashed.

when ever he pissed we off i think i "returned fire" with gemini nervousness that made that leo feel a litle on easy

and like you said made him act out to feel wanted,

18. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

that is so me...

im actually friends with two leo males.. one, whom i've known for about 12 years, and he is a mixture of both extroverted and introverted leo.. more so extroverted.. and the other im not quite sure about yet, im dont know him as well..

19. pinksugar

pinksugar Member

actually, Leo goes best with Aries, Sagittarius, Gemini and Libra.
    http://www.astrology-online.com/love.htm is great for seeing which signs you're most compatible with.

20. Thethirdbenjamin

Thethirdbenjamin Member

i mean in termes of overall backround and planet placement in the persons chart, i mean yes leos do have attraction towards the signs you listed, and yes the signs listed do have some attraction to leo.

However that doesn't mean they will be compatable, i mean from sun sign there will be some attration because there sun sign mixes, but there other signs in there chart could interfer.