Looking for info on Oz or Holiday Hippie Commune

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by caterinna13, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Actually... Right now, you guys are not off the main board. Still posting in the Oz thread.

scratcho likes this.
  2. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

3. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Check your private message or click on my name and --then click on --start a conversation.

5. scratcho

Ok--Morning Glory--10 am tomorrow?

6. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

Thanx Joel, I had an appt at that time. In advance maybe four days to set a time. Carol

7. scratcho

Lets try for Saturday ??

8. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

ok, same place same time?

9. scratcho

Unbeknownst to me, kids have scheduled a work day tomorrow on a house number 2 son bought! Dag-nabbit--we'll make it one of these days! ---Joel

10. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

ok sorry to miss you. another time then sincerely
    carol

11. scratcho

Same here, Carol.

12. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

Thank you Joel.

13. carol m koton

carol m koton Members

Hello Joel, coffee still on? Carol

14. Pepper!

Pepper! Members

Coffee sounds terrific!!

15. Tiffytittt94

Tiffytittt94 Newbie

OZ Farm

Not sure if it helps but if anyone is still looking for oz farm.

16. R David Pratte

R David Pratte Members

I'm David Pratte. I live in Erie Pa. I was at Holiday for a couple of months in the spring of 1968. I met Muffyn, my second wife, there. We have two children and four grandchildren. We were divorced in 1978. They all live in the Philadelphia area. Muffyn goes by her maiden name (Kayle Brecher) now. She is a jazz singer and has put out several CDs. Muffyn and I hitch-hiked to Jerome, Arizona and were there until late June, Cora Lee sent us a post card telling us about Oz so we hitch-hiked to Pa. We were there until we were forced to leave by the local injustice establishment. I have mostly lived in Erie for the past 50 years but I've tried moving back to Santa Cruz on three seperat occasions. People ask me why I would ever move to Erie from Santa Cruz. I tell them that some woman always comes and grabs me by the ear and drags me back to Erie and every time it's a different woman. While I was there from 1978 to 1982 I was in contact with George Hurd, Morgan Robins, Cora Lee. Elmer and Becky Taylor who lived near Oz got divorced in 1972. Becky came out to live with me in Santa Cruz in 1980. While we were together Parmel came out and visited us for a week or two. George was an astrologer in 1978 then he moved to San Francisco. I later heard that he died of a heart attack. Morgan (who was the creator of Morgan"s Tarot) was an LSD dealer and got busted. He jumped bail and I heard that he went to Truckee Ca. and later to Big Sur where he also died of a heart attack. I remember a mutual friend (Elizabeth Gipps) told me that he was dead in 1980. If any of the Holiday people remember Elizabeth; She became a radio personality on the UCSC non commercial station. She had a weekly show about consciousness expansion. The last time I saw Cora Lee she was as always: Cora Lee. She left Santa Cruz while I was still living there. I heard that she went to Eugene Or. and then to Washington state. I sent her a video, of her favorite French silent movie, in 1990. She sent me a thank you letter and I haven't heard from her since.
    I was living in the St. George Hotel when the 1998 earthquake happened. I moved back to Erie a week or so later.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Hi RDP.......Sounds Like You Have Lived A Most "Colourful Life"........Please Allow Me To Welcome You

To The "Hip Forums"........Looking Forward To Hearing More Of Your Stories.....:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

18. R David Pratte

R David Pratte Members

One of the friendly Oz neighbors sent me the whole history (as reported in the local newspapers) the other day. As soon as I can get my girl friend to show me the technology I will post it to this site.

19. scratcho

Just looked through the OZ farm information. Looks like a very sensibly run place and is very beautiful. :)

Toker likes this.
  20. Phlip

Phlip Newbie

I lived at Oz. Met my friends Michael and Kathy Anton in Iowa City and joined the flock. Morgan was working on his Tarot deck every day, Patty would pee out the upstairs window because some of the guys did. Five of us were arrested and booked for vagrancy the week before the early morning raid and we were hauled off to the hoosegow in a school bus singing "We All lLve in a Yellow Submarine" all the way there. When we arrived in our cell, there was a copy of the morning Cleveland Plane Dealer that already had printed the events of the morning.
    Sorry to hear George Hurd passed. As well as Morgan. Michael Anton is also passed in British Colombia. George Green and I left with Dancing Bear [Ken Nash} and Linda and went to China Grade and San Francisco. Don't forget little Amy who kept warning people about The Monkey Deamons.

Toker likes this.
  21. scratcho

I guess Carol Koton is gone from this thread. :(