Looking for Advice on Moving to the Sun, please read

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by PaleFace, Jun 7, 2020.

1. PaleFace

PaleFace Newbie

I've enjoyed reading your posts here for some time. I've been a home nudist for years and would prefer to live as such where the winter is tolerable. Up North here it is not. I've joined up here and will be adding to several old threads.

For reasons we have all been dealing with it looks like I will be moving my home (it's many contents) to look for work elsewhere. I have been looking through, though not exclusively, the greater mid and South East (esp FL) for clothing optional homes. If I'm changing everything it may as well be for the whole enchilada.

I wanted to ask for any recommendations you may have. I hope to find a home (double-wide they tell me) within a clothing optional facility near enough to some city where I can find computer work. The programming I have been doing may be gone for good so I'm wide open to other possibilities as well.

One plan would be to live in a small rental, not necc CO, while working in the new town and planning the move of the home over the longer term. I have seen such bed-sits which work great for weekends but not as a new home. Contractors work well by the month in such places but I don't know what is allowed in which resorts or facilities. Around here there are tight controls on who is allowed to live in or rent out rooms.

I have always met wonderful people every time I have gone to CO facilities but do not currently know people I can stay with. As such it is hard to shop through unknown communities on a long distance basis.

Your thoughts, recommendations, success or horror stories would be most welcome. I appreciate your contributions and dialogue.

Thank you.

2. Steveh

Steveh Members

This is exactly what i want to do too. I've even thought of buying a trailer in a nudist resort too

3. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

There are numerous nude venues and resorts throughout Florida. Many of which you'll find to be very pricy. You'll pay upwards to even 10 times the actual value of a home on account of the lifestyle. We bought a winter place next door to a resort. It was far cheaper than inside the gates.

4. Steveh

Steveh Members

Yes, the fees they charge for ownership in some nudist resorts are very high. I think living close and just being a member is the best way to go too

5. PaleFace

PaleFace Newbie

Thanks much for the info. I imagined there would be some hangup someplace. D2b, How tolerant are the nearby neighborhoods of nudism. This would vay a great deal on individual home owners I know.

6. Panama Jack

Panama Jack Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

All I can say is the Austin Texas area has opportunity for people in the tech industry and friendly to tele commute. Work from home.
    Basically Austin Texas is where most of silicone valley has moved too!
    If you want to know about clothing optional communities you would have to PM me here. Texas is nudist friendly with the third most in the USA behind Ca and Fla.

Steveh and Joshua Van like this.
  7. Steveh

Steveh Members

And there is Hippie Hollow there too

8. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

Our community used to be made up of over 70 percent being members of the resort next door. Being nude in our backyards, opening our doors naked etc. we're pretty acceptable. Unfortunately now there is only a handful of nudists there on account of a few factors and we need to more careful. I'm fortunate to still have a nudist neighbor next door.

Joshua Van likes this.
  9. PaleFace

PaleFace Newbie

@PanamaJack; Thanks for pointing that out. I had not kept up with TX since going to school there long ago. I have recruiters trying to get me to San Antonio. I had only been in FW in the summer for a week of registration and it is way toooo hot then. Thanks, @Daretobare. I can imagine the people around changing over time and the tolerances shifting before you know it. Please PM me or tell me here which club you are near so I can see what homes are on offer.

Thank you all for the insight. I hope to hear more.

10. PaleFace

PaleFace Newbie

@Panama, Austin would be nice place to live when all I wear is my sidearm.

JH93022, Panama Jack and Joshua Van like this.