looking for a summer job

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by realiseddreams, Jun 6, 2004.

1. realiseddreams

realiseddreams Member

I've been looking for a job for a while, and haven't found one. Now especially that it's summer, everyone has finished their hiring. So I was thinking maybe I would be able to find jobs working at some festivals or something. The thing is, I don't know if they hire/pay (personally I wouldn't mind just volunteering, but I owe my mum money, so she says I have to find an "actual" job). How do you find out if they have job oppertunities? I'm located in Ohio if anyone knows of any festivals that are looking for hardworking people.

2. bradofcentralpa

bradofcentralpa Member

if you can't work somewhere cool, try getting short term or long term work through a temporary staffing agency...hit up the yellow pages, and there'll be tons of em. i've had pretty steady summer work this way. they all have drug policies, but i've never been tested in 2 years and about 4 different job locations. good luck

3. realiseddreams

realiseddreams Member

thank you :) I'll try that.

4. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I live just a short distance from where the ten thousand lakes festival is being held...I know they hire....and with that you get free admission and camping and paid for the work you do....and will get to see some good music, for free!

5. realiseddreams

realiseddreams Member

I checked out the website for that festival. It looks awesome, and sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately it's too far away. Thanks for letting me know though. I might try to make it up there in a year or two.