Looking for a good live Phish album

Discussion in 'Music' started by dedhead95, Jan 8, 2005.

1. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

I've only heard Farmhouse, and i've heard the rest of their study albums are mediocre. So does anyone have a recomendation for a live album?

2. phriendlyphishphan

phriendlyphishphan Member

ahhh a newbie to phish. i recommend hampton comes alive if youre looking for a live phish album. i really recommend looking around for live shows that people trade because those definitely represent phish well. other good studio albums to check out are billy breathes, picture of nectar and lawn boy even though all of them are really amazing.

peace my phriend

3. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

4. goldmund

goldmund Member

www.nugs.net check out the New Year's '95, hailed by Rolling Stones as one of the most important concerts of the 90s.

5. goldmund

goldmund Member

direct link to the one above: http://web1.nugs.net/phish/951231_mp3.asp

This is one of my favorite shows, but I haven't found it yet (heard it and ripped it off of phishcast, before it closed). Soooo much energy and twister turvy sound!:

07-12-99 Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA

Soundcheck: My Best Friend's Girlfriend (The Cars), Centerfold (J. Giels Band), Dream On (Aerosmith), Rift

1:Foreplay/Long Time* -> Down with Disease, Get Back on the Train, What's the Use, Split Open and Melt, Water in the Sky, Character Zero (1:12)

2: Twist, The Moma Dance, Makisupa Policeman** -> David Bowie, Lizards, Guyute# (1:14)

E: Rock and Roll (0:08)

Here are some reviews of the show:
    http://www.phish.net/reviews/shows/7-12-99.html

6. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

Thanks for your help! :)