Looking back to 90's television

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by J0hn, Apr 23, 2007.

1. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Remember programmes like Prisoner cell block H
    Twin Peaks (Nobody figured it out)
    Eldorado (AXED shortly after pilot. It was too crap and figures were down)
    take the highroad (Lovely music and the landrover looked nice)
    Sons and daughters ( Australian soap)
    Home and Away (Channel five decided to buy the old catalogue to boost numbers. guess Five is worse than fox)
    Button moon. (Used to love watching mr spoony)
    Teletubbies (bizzarely addictive)

I wonder what you remember, what you liked, disliked and why?

I also remember Itv nights and Itv 3 nights at the weekends. I remember seeing the BIG E. then one evening in 1994, I saw a hedghog walking across a screen before the movie called The fog started at 12:30am

In the early 90's I enjoyed watching Gladiator, the Crystal maze and Live and kicking. In the mornings it had to be Big breakfast with Zig and zag. Weekends were filled with noels house party. Mr Blobby. Gosh, crazy tv, but what do you think?

2. lithium

lithium frogboy

I actually really miss TFI Friday. I was never a Chris Evans fan, I thought he was a bit of a bighead twit, but there's no doubt that show was iconic, it was real event TV, must-watch Friday evening viewing. There's so little event TV, so little genuinely dangerous live broadcasting around now. I miss it.

3. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

Men Behaving Badly, I miss that....

4. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

I nearly appeared in 'knightmare', the computer generated adventure game hosted by Hugo Myatt....

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I briefly remember TFI. Also Don't forget your toothbrush. Amongst the comedys, I miss abfab and Birds of a feather and also Black adder:D

6. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

TFI was ace, do you remember naked video, absolutely and the Mary Whitehouse experience? I liked those because they were so obscure.

Come on, button moon was ace.

7. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Don't remember the mary washington experience. But Button moon I do remember and really enjoyed. It was about a moon which was a button. Mr spoony was my idol for seven weeks and then along came Dogtanian.

http://www.trcollins.freeserve.co.uk/Dogtanian.html

8. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

I loved Top of the pops in the 90's. Each monday night or something, used to be a good guide to the top forty charts.Sadly top of the pops has been axed due to the new millenium of multi channel bliss.

9. lithium

lithium frogboy

Button Moon was 80s, as was Blackadder except the last series...