look! it's a baby peyote!

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Sabel, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Sabel

Sabel Member

do you see it? do you see it?

cute ain't it?

I'm such a proud mother.

2. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

is it that small green dot?

3. Sabel

Sabel Member

4. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

sorry, my baby peyotes weren't so light green...check out my galleries, you may see the babies growing. Not meaning to sound so critical...can you get a clearer pic?

5. Sabel

Sabel Member

I checked out your gallery.. yours aren't baby's anymore.
    I think she'll grow darker in a while.
    she's only been visible for 3 days or so

6. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

peyote takes A LONG TIME TO GROW,id rather so with torch or san pedro

7. Sabel

Sabel Member

I have a san pedro as well.

But I Want to take care of my Peyote
    I think that it will make the actual experience so much intenser if you've put 18 years of effort in it.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

so you're growing it normally? i'd expect it would be highly rewarding, but i guess i'm the impatient type. i'd graft it to a faster growing cactus....it will still take at least a year or two for it to be ready, so i'd figure it would still have the benefit of taking a long time to care for it as it grew, but you wouldn't have to wait a decade or two....but then i guess someplace where growing peyote is illegal, i'd just want to have it sitting around growing as short a time as possible....

9. SucculentFlower

Excuse me...but if you look at the 2nd pic. there IS a baby growing...a "pup" it's called and it has been the same color all it's little life (it's only about 20 months old)...I think your over psyching yourself doll. I've been a peyote eater for over 13 years and I've eatin' 'em bid and small....and it's all medicine to me.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

so how long those ones been growing?

11. SucculentFlower

the baby ones about 2 years and the rest I got from the gardens (as a gift about 9 years ago) I would about 12 years old...no idea really. But, the babies grew 2 different ways, one grew out of it's Mama (out of her side, called a pup) and another grew from seed, both were NOT light or bright green from the start. Though I have seen newborns germinated and they were a kelly (grass green) with spikes on them.

12. broomsticklass

broomsticklass Member

Newbie here. I have just started growing a peyote from seed, I have three babies at the moment all slightly larger than a pin head. Can someone please let me know how often they should be watered, if at all. I'm not growing them for tripping, just the beautiful flowers they produce lol. Looking forward to any help offered. Thanks

13. FreekoutMcGee

FreekoutMcGee Member

most deff.