Longhair hip only pleaze!

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by jailmate, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

i love this thread, in fact at times when i feel a little fucked I go around screaming LONGHAIR HIP ONLYPLEEZ..

2. Phsh Melt

Phsh Melt Member

Well I'm not sure how relevant it is but I have long hair and follow my own rules of free love but I have a question for the older hippies (which is a word I dislike using for if anything, today I would be a neo-hippie.) My question is, a lot of people say they were hippies b/c of their views on Vietnam. Now do you older folks believe it's possible to have hippies here again with out own war going on? I feel i am following in my older brothers and sisters footsteps by going out and protesting, making my opinion known, sharing my love, but sharing truth as well. Opinions?

3. shoelaceknots

shoelaceknots Member

I Have FINALLY come to realize that this thread wasn't intended to NOT piss anyone off.. hahaha... I think someone was just lookin' for a fight. Well...mission accomplished, eh? Teehee...(Duh, self, they know this already)

Anywho..... Hippies or not... we're all still people.. .and we should all be treated equal no matter what.

4. Templedragon

Templedragon Peace through Spirit

pure gobbledy gook

5. Templedragon

ABSO-FUCKIN-LUTELY!!a hippie is timeless, formless, a state of being, a way of life, a belief system, a dharma, a path, a calling, a true self exploration, a statement, a dreamstate, and a reality.

You can be just as fucking hippie as anybody else from any time. time is illusion anyway, it is always now. back in 69 it was now, in 2069 it will still be now. same time same space different names and faces is all

this dude jailbait likes to stir shit up in a fairly incoherent way. he does not seem like a hippie at all to me, and judging from his website he is an old anarchist hippie type, I imagine he is like the White Panthers from the 60's judging from his rhetoric

be yourself I have not cut my hair since 1973, but hair don't REALLY mean shit, unless it means something to you, like it does to me. but I would NEVER judge anyone by the length of their hair (although I am MAD about long hair and always will be and will NEVER cut my hair

Peaces

6. luvndrumn

luvndrumn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Neal Cassady wasn't hip?
    [​IMG]
    Timothy Leary wasn't hip?
    [​IMG]
    Ken Kesey wasn't hip?
    [​IMG]
    Richie Havens isn't hip?
    [​IMG]

It's not what you've got growing outside you.
    It's what you've got glowing inside you.

But you have to let it out.

7. purple grass

purple grass Member

Yeah, because having long hair automaticly makes you a hippy.

8. jesikhaviolet

jesikhaviolet Member

he meant it more of a metaphorical sense of long hair...

9. mr.mojorisin

mr.mojorisin Member

Jail mate is a fucking moron, just having long hair doesnt make you a hippie. If it did then all hippies would be posers.

10. wingedtriangle

wingedtriangle Member

we dont have a war of our own what are you blind have you heard of a country called iraq? hmmm

11. Templedragon

It is the hair on your heart, not your head, that REALLY makes you a hippie. People who judge others by appearance to the degree that some do are extremely ignorant of reality. I know many longhairs who are not hippies, and many short hairs who are. Of course *I* will NEVER cut my hair, but that is MY choice, and yes, I am a hippie. Only I can come to that determination, nobody else is qualified to judge my hippieness as far as I am concerned.

Anyone who feels qualified to measure my degree of hipness can kiss my lilly white scotch-irish behind and save room for dessert!

There is no one "hippie way" to be. But I will go so far as to say that it is pretty fucking unhippie like to go around insulting people, judging fellow freaks by image. Our friend Jailbait appears to be very intelligent on his website, but his posts are almost incoherent and undecipherable.

Peace and love, V-

12. ~*HuggaTree*~

~*HuggaTree*~ Member

well last time i checked hippies didn't exactly judge people too terribly much. Isn't being a hippy about what your beliefs are? If a young kid (like myself) has certain beliefs what is to stop them from being a "hippy" may i ask you? I am just defending myself cause you don't know me, and i don't know you...some kids may be phoney yes but that isn't YOUR place to say so.

and by the way my hair is to my waist.;)

13. SoftParade

SoftParade Member

Hippiedom is abstract. You can touch my long hair, my peace symbol but it can all be gone tomorrow, melt the symbol, cut the hair but you can’t melt abstracts, you can’t cut the hippiedom. Sure it belongs to our culture. It had a reason for its existence. It was a way of standing for your beliefs but it’s just a way out of many. Some ways are simply not visible unless you open more then your eyes.

14. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

thank you a quasar beaming through the the darkness

15. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Member

Sup guys just wanted to say im stoned as hell and reading you guys posts is entertaning

16. SunshineTheAngryHipi

SunshineTheAngryHipi Member

Whats with all the Jailmate hating? His posts are never serious and always ridiculously hilarious, if you can read them. Besides, look at all the interesting talk he's stirred up.

Burn on, brother.

17. carnelian

carnelian Member

tell me, what's up with that spelling?

18. taxrefund90

taxrefund90 Member

am i the only one who didnt understand what that person said

19. hippin life

hippin life Member

Thank you...o btw i have never heard someone in thier sixties call someone a jerkoff and im not convinced this person is actually 61

20. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You obviously don't know him well...