Long-term sound-based post-effects of LSD. Help and knowledge needed.

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by aCuriousHedonist, Dec 2, 2020.

1. aCuriousHedonist

aCuriousHedonist Members

i've got this very pleasant but weird post-effect which lasts for months after taking any dose, bigger than 50ug of LSD: i become much more sensitive to the music i listen to, up to the point when i practically can't control the urge to jam to the sounds. its like the music is doing an euphoric massage to my brain and i can feel the slight vibrations around the core of my head.
    So, i wonder what this all means and how does it work.
    (Along with this effect, i've noticed that i could "dissect" the music track into separate instruments/beats/voices/rhythms and put them all back together in an instant. i could also extract and focus on one instrument/beat/rhythm/sound/voice in a song while quieting down the rest. Also, these days i can see my music preferences drawing towards the droning, lower frequency sounds and genres like sludge, psychedelic metal, with low-tuned guitars and shit)
    I count 6 acid trips within a period of 3 years of my life up to today. If the music before my introduction to psychedelics was just some cool background sounds to listen to while in public transport or while doing smth, then now it is a VERY BIG PART OF MY LIFE. Right now i can lie down on my bed, turn on some Yung Lean, Ufomammut, or Eric Satie (you name it) and experience a long flow of exstasy (mainly in my head, but in the body, too, but less) where my (for the lack of a better word) "soul" tries to fly out of my chest. All this while being totally sober!! I've taken 200ug of acid around 50 days ago and the mentioned effect is strong as ever!
    It is a magnificent thing to feel something like it and all, but ive been willing to explore psychedelics further, and sadly, sometimes this perk can be a distraction. for ex: i wanna do my art hw, or clean up my house while listening to smth, but every time i switch to dancing and nodding my head to the sounds and end up not having any work done..xD

So, if anything of the stuff i've written here sounds familiar to you or you have any insight on the nature of these phenomena, comment this thread - it will be of great help to me)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020