Long John Silvers

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TokerMama07, Jan 30, 2009.

1. TokerMama07

TokerMama07 Member

Okay so I just saw the Long John Silvers commercial for 'London style fish and fries ' Ive seen this commercial a lot and today it got me thinking. The man comes in and ask for Fish and Chips and the guy says where do you think you are. And it goes on. So my point is if it is severed London style then why isnt it called Fish and CHips?

2. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a head severed american style would be called a bloody decapitation. a head severed london style would be called a "bloody decapitation!"

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I really like the amount of grease they add to their food. it makes it slide down so much easier

and their clams fucking rock

5. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

HOLY SHIT- you have no idea. That happened to us on our roadtrip last year, in some back water town in arkansas or something . We saw this HUGE ad on their window for "london style fish and chips" the dog loves fish and the kid wanted fries.
    - SO , we pull in the drive through and order and the lady was al pissy. "we ain't got not chips", - we actually assumed at 1st that she thought WE were confused and asking for potato chips
    - but we repeated we wanted the fish and fries meal,
    she argues again that they didn't have chips and has no idea what we are talking about
    ..ended up putting us on with the mgr- who again argued with us and giving us a fucking fish sammich and fries:eek: ... we didn't want the sandwhich douche bags.

UGH. If we didn't have a timeline to stick to we woulda went in and made the manager come out and read the freaking ad on his building.

I \ think I sent in a complaint when we got home.maybe thats why they don't call it chips:cheers2:

6. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

England:

Potato chips = Crisps
    French fries = Chips

Easy.

7. TokerMama07

TokerMama07 Member

Haha i cant believe that actually happened. :rofl:

8. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I've never had their food.

9. emelia

emelia the resident gangsta

Fish and fries??? lol

It should be fish and chips, for fish and chips are English. Lovely lard fried grease wrapped in dirty newspaper ^_^

I'm so glad I grew up in Spain!