Loneliness

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Apr 8, 2013.

1. acuarela

acuarela Member

This forum is a good example of what people talk about. No one here is different, than people out there. Everyone likes to talk about different things, the good thing about knowing many different kind of people is that there's always a different perspective than your own and you always have that you can talk about certain subjects and some that you can talk to about everything.

2. deviate

deviate Senior Member

That is my favorite Bukowski quote. Well played.

To answer your question, there is a lot of small talk bs which I don't like. It has its place, but it is quickly boring. That's why I typically either stay home and read (or waste my life on here), or go out and party with a bunch of different people and can bounce from bar to bar house to house or what have you. And there is a negative correlation between the depth of the company and how annihilated I get. Also, the more you socialize, the more you can put together a circle of various friends who are just as weird as you.

Go out, be weird, don't give a fuck. You might be surprised at the results.

3. calgirl

calgirl Senior Member

Being married and a mom, I'm rarely lonely. In my teens and 20s I suffered desperately from loneliness. I had trouble feeling connected to anyone back then. I go to bars, and parties to be frivolous. It's refreshing, but it can be unsatisfying if done too much. My time with close friends (both women friends, and men friends, and lovers) I talk about more meaningful topics.

When individuals repeatedly complain about the deficiency of others, my thought is "why do you expect more from others than you do from yourself?"

4. Lodog

Lodog ¿

loneliness sucks. You need to engage in small talk to see if you're compatible with someone. Especially of the opposite sex! superficial conversation is just white noise in the background to me, but you're missing out if you don't engage in stimulating pillow talk, or a drive with a good buddy exchanging views and ideas.

I like my time to myself sure, but many of times I've had to lean on people in my life I'd met initially with idiotic small talk that blossomed into friendships and relationships. Just as they've sometimes had to lean on me.

5. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

I pretty much cut all ties wih most of my friends years ago and only talk to a few. I moved, But close enough i could have. But the way i figure, Phone works both ways, Fuck um.

If i go the rest of my life without seeing some of them, It wouldnt bother be a bit and we were all close, Worked togeather etc for years, Grew up togeather.

I would rather be alone, I have a gf and son so im not, But wouldnt bother me at all. I wish i could walk away tomorrow but i have my son. Oh well, Some want people around, Some in moderation, Some few but its all up to the person.

Sorry never felt 'alone' or that i wanted to kill myself ever. No reason, Life and the fun it has to offer is reason enough to stay. That and to piss some off you dont like and doing it for fun. To each their own

6. Sitka

Sitka viajera

I am easy. I like being around people and I like being alone.

7. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

Same here, I lean more towards being alone, but not always.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

lol at the fifth choice in the list

"urethra stretching Free Dating, Singles and Personals"

10. odonII

odonII O

I watched a programme last night that had the comment that people that find themselves lonely may seek to gain some comfort from what they eat. As in, having an extreme diet.

Striving for perfection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hjQ7HYUWrc"]The Stream - Striving for perfection - YouTube

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201304052250-0022660

11. deviate

deviate Senior Member

12. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

Thank you for that piece someone recently said I prefer Bukowski to Dickens now I know some of his work and shall look him up. :2thumbsup:

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

You have never read Bukowski? Prepare to be appalled.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Lebowski is way better than Bukowski

15. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Fuckin' A!

[​IMG]

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my favourite dude scene is when they scatter the ashes and he just stands there

17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

found it...

[​IMG]

18. odonII

odonII O

I wasn't pointing a figure at anybody.

19. Dancing til Dawn

Dancing til Dawn Senior Member

Nope- really I guess I am in for a treat then !

20. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

Aww.. Fuck it dude, Lets go bowling! As long as its not saturday.... I dont fuckin roll on saturday.