london swanks and surlypants

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by jonny2mad, Jun 13, 2006.

1. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

recently I visited cambridge and met a fellow who spent much of his time telling people that if they didnt come from london they were crap and peasents .

london it appears is the center of the earth some sort of nirvana

I told him that I seldom think of london except as somewhere annoying where annoying people abode ,and if I was to move anywhere it would somewhere like the Appalachian Mountains of america, where you still have the right to bear arms, and a man can hopefully get on with life away from big city types .

that I aspire to be a hermit or at least a hillbilly .

anyway I feel london has a bad influence on people it makes slightly surly people into rude surly pants

2. greentree

greentree Member

it's not just london in general, (in my opinion) people are always slaves to trends and the norm etc. london to me seems, underneath the surface, a sad microcosm of society as a whole. i hate seeing so many people trapped on the treadmill, always aspiring to the glamorous life they will never have. makes me so sad. i can't wait to get out of this city for good and have the peaceful, self-sufficient, natural lifestyle i've always wanted. i agree with you 100%. :)

3. hollowayjay

hollowayjay Member