London murder rate rises higher than NY City

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, Apr 1, 2018.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

The number one baby name in england (or maybe the uk?) Is now......

Muhamed

In all its various spellings.

2. machinist

"Islamophobia" is not a bad thing. We have every reason to be rightfully islamophobic.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's OK, Denmark has their problems like the rest of us.

In Denmark's Plan To Rid Country Of 'Ghettos,' Some Immigrants Hear 'Go Home'

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Islamaphobia is indeed a bad thing. Stereotyping of any broad category of human beings is a bad thing, especially when it leads to hatred and acts of violence. In case you haven't heard, British Islamaphobes proclaimed today "Punsh a Muslim" day. That's not speech, it's incitement. If any violence is done, I hope the perpetrators of this hate campaign are held accountable and punished severely. British Muslims defiant after leaflets call for 'Punish a Muslim Day'

snowtiggernd likes this.
  5. machinist

They are fighting to save what is left of their culture. There comes a point where stereotyping is only realistic.

6. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Don't bring culture into this. The only ones allowed to have culture is everyone but a WASP male. We must allow all of these other cultures to take precedence.

7. machinist

Thats right.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Just the end result of a liberal society, not just the UK

You just end up with some areas that are no go zones, police too scared to really do anything

Liberal voters in their exclusive suburbs more concerned about the odd case of some police doing their job too enthusiastically vs whole areas/ suburbs turning to shit

Meanwhile you visit Tokyo or Singapore and you dont even so much as see any graffiti

machinist likes this.
  9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

+1000

10. mcme

mcme lurker

Stereotypes aren't just randomly handed out.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Note to self: fuck London.

machinist likes this.
  12. Yellow_Forager

Yellow_Forager Member

This is an interesting read and if you can access BBC it is worth watching Newsnight from this evening 03/04/18 which has a bit of a deeper discussion about the situation.
    The truth behind the claim that London's murder rate is now higher than New York's

I work in a field that deals with the aftermath of this kind of violence. Our society is being badly let down and I don’t know how long the patch it up service (police, NHS etc.) can keep it together under our current government.

Balbus likes this.
  13. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Japan loves foreigners. If you want a job you need to speak Japanese but no one cares besides that. I guess you could annoy them by talking on the train of something else they find rude but my experience was it was not really the hate and fear we see in the west. The low crime is not because they "preserve their culture" or anything suggested in this thread. They have prisons, have you heard of the Yakuza? There are Muslim people there often employed in the night life industry there too.

I'm not sure where the Alt-right got its love for Asia. Maybe because they see one race being dominate or maybe some left over love since Japan was a Nazi ally. But few of them have actuly been there and seen a culture that does not like war and is more interested in finding the cool things about other cultures. "Japan takes the best from the world and makes it their own" is an expression. There is no Samurai warriors and the party that has Alt-right views wanting the Emperor to rule again is for the most part a joke in politics. I saw them speak on the TV once but it was clear they were just being given a polite moment to speak. A very Japanese ideal.

stormountainman likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dude, whats alt right got to do with any thing

Most Sth east asian countries including Japan are whats called Jus sanguinis states, latin for "right of blood" Citizenship is only granted if you have a parent / grandparent that was born in that country. And land ownership only possible to those that hold citizenship. And you have to give up citizenship to become a citizen of that country

2010, there were just over 2 million foreigners in Japan, in a country over 120 million, making them largely homogenous

And there nationality laws are designed to keep it that way

Just because they smile at you and are polite when you go on holiday and spend your tourist dollars, doesnt mean "Japan loves foreigners"

Similar situation in most of sth east asia, but admittedly its primarily to keep them from getting inundated by the chinese, especially on the land ownership front

But my first point still remains - why the fuck when you go to Tokyo or Singapore, or even friggin Bangkok for that matter, why isnt there even any friggin graffiti?
    That part isnt even about immigration, its becuase even the locally born teens are shit scared of Japanese/Singaporean/Thai jails

machinist likes this.
  15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Yes, the article is "an interesting read" and explains why the statistic is misleading and London seems to be a safer city than New York, although the analysis might be too complicated for some of our posters.

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Or some of us dont really give a shit about either london or new york

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They only care about muslim immigrants to the 'free world'. If an article about London can be abused to encourage discrimination against this group as a whole it doesn't matter if one lacks reading comprehension or portrays things misleadingly. The goal justifies the means: muslims need to be discriminated against in order to stop islamic extremism.... right?

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

What does it have to do with Muslims? I thought the London resident said it was the Afro Carribean population causing the problems. Unless they are Muslims.

Denmark is dealing with their problem population also. What makes up this population? Or does it matter?

In Denmark's Plan To Rid Country Of 'Ghettos,' Some Immigrants Hear 'Go Home'

19. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

why is that a problem for you?

20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I love Japanese people. They are smart and polite and have always treated me with respect. I love the Japanese tea ceremony.