lohan wants your soul

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by sooty_the_kat, Jan 5, 2005.

1. recentlysmackedpinat

recentlysmackedpinat Member

That is such an obvious fake Mystic-Tan it's not even funny.
    It's a spray-tan.

And it makes Lindsey Lohan look like one of those oompa-loompa's
    from the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory. (someone photoshop her hair green and give her white eyebrows).

oompa loompa loompity doo..
    Lindsey Lohan's tan looks like poo.
    oompa loompa loompity dee
    spray your skin orange, look like Lind-sey.

/spent.

2. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

see

that's why little teenaged white girls should have all that money.
    *shakes head* don't even know how to purchase a proper tan

3. velvet

velvet Banned

Good to see that you stopped thinking in 'us' and 'them'........

4. missfontella

sorry you don't like my thinking

good thing its MINE

and what little teenaged black girls do you know with fake tans?

5. velvet

velvet Banned

I've seen a documentary how black (teenage) girls put all kinda of nasty stuff on their skin to bleach it and therefor appear more 'white', since in a lot black communities it is said to be the unspoken rule that the lighter color of skin you are, the more popular you will be. This even dates back to times of slavery, when the fair-skinned africans where put to work in the household and the pitch black people would have to works on the fields.

I think it's just a matter of trying to have or be something you are not. I've got straight hair and I'd like curly bouncy hair.. my friend has curly bouncy hair and wishes it straight. White girls want a tan (not me btw, I only burn and freckle ;)) and black girls want to be creool (sp?). Ofcourse I'm generalising and I'm perfectly fine with my skincolor as I'm sure you are with yours. However, there are crazy people out there doing god knows what to their body to change their appearance.. ah well..

6. velvet

velvet Banned

Found an article on it..

Skin bleaching vs tans

While so many white western women are desperate for that St Tropez tan, black and Asian women often aspire to be lighter skinned.

Skin bleaching

Light skin is so desirable in places like India and Jamaica that the cosmetics industries are continually pitching skin-lightening products to women.

* In certain areas in the Arab world, the lighter you are the more beautiful you are considered. In some countries the implications of this hierarchy go so far as to affect one's social class and job opportunities. In other places, it leads to surgery to 'correct' certain characteristics which stray from the European-based ideal of a small, straight nose, straight soft hair, big eyes (preferably blue) and fair-skin.
    * Many South Asian women grew up constantly being told to avoid sunlight for the fear of growing darker. Growing darker, of course, meant becoming less attractive.
    * All of the actors in popular Indian movies and magazines are light skinned, interesting since most Indian women are darker than those in the movies.
    * In Jamaica a brown [Janet Jackson] complexion is often considered more attractive than a black [Lauren Hill] one.
    * In 1999 it was discovered that bleaching creams had illegally returned to South Africa more than a decade after they were banned for having disfigured thousands of black women.

How: The most popular bleaching creams contain 4% hydroquinone, a harsh bleaching agent that can destroy the outer layer of the skin. Creams containing more than 2% are banned from the UK.

Danger zone: It is only supposed to be used to fade freckles or scars as prolonged use can burn the skin.

Sun bathing

In the UK this year, experts predict that 40,000 people will get skin cancer. As soon as the sun comes out, us Brits seem to like nothing better than baring our all for a little colour. Although there has been a recent move to fake it, a much safer option; there are still hoards of us basking in the rays, be it the sun or the sun bed for that wholesome orange glow.

How: Our skin contains melanin, a natural substance that gives us some protection to the sun's UV rays. It is this melanin that builds up to give us a tan when we sunbathe. However this tan is not a sign of health as we often believe, instead it is a sign that our skin has been damaged. Tanning simply means our skin will show signs of premature aging in later life not to mention the risk of developing skin cancer. Danger zone: The sun gives off powerful radiation waves, including different kinds of ultraviolet rays. Here are the two that should concern you:

* UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin layer, causing premature ageing and increasing the risk of skin cancer.
    * UVB rays burn the surface of the skin, causing it to tan and burn.

(http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/mentalhealth/bodyimageandselfesteem/skinbleachingvstans)

7. missfontella

whatever

I have decided to never discuss anything racial on this site......ever. So I have no comment

and I plead the 5th

8. velvet

velvet Banned

eh.. ok.. I wasn't starting a discussion.. just elaborating on your comment. And since you're so easily 'touched' by anything racial I was just wondering why you mentioned 'white girls'.. like 'they' are the only girls trying to look different.. like I said.. racism only stops if you stop thinking in 'us' and 'them'.. just a hint.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

that is one of the most disgusting photos I have ever seen.

(the last one with fat, pale, kelly osborne, and that freakishly looking girl next to her?? who is that by the way?? she looks like a walking skeleton.)

[​IMG]

10. missfontella

you can keep your damn hint. I know why I do what I do

11. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i think all teenaged girls everywhere are outta their freaking minds. i can't figure 99% of what goes through their heads when it comes to style.

12. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

then there is the case of michael jackson.......

13. velvet

velvet Banned

hehe.. yup.. although he is still claiming that's a skin disease I think? Did you see the Southpark episode with him (or better: Mr. Jefferson) in it? Briliant! :D

14. recentlysmackedpinat

recentlysmackedpinat Member

[​IMG]
    Lindsay Lohan (in the middle)...

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I'm a white girl who has a fake tan and has had skin bleaching done to reverse sun damage...there ya go it's no longer a racial issue.

16. mynameiskc

well, the whole tanning thing seems mostly to be about trying to look like a robust, healthy person of leasure, which implies wealth, since you have time to fool around outside and get a tan. there's also the fact that tans are associated with happy activities and summertime, producing good feelings in most americans.

as for skin bleaching, i don't think it's so much about looking white as it is about looking mixed race. i think the same can be said for a lot of the current most popular cosmetic surgeries among pretty much all women. we're all aiming for that perfect average. and it ain't barbie.

17. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

ive used fake tan before, if someone has seen me with a real tan then they know its fake but everyone else seemed to think it was real. having a tan makes my eyes stand out a bit but i guess i get that kind of effect with what i have now anyway... dark hair and fair skin. i never looked yellow though, lohan is doing something really wrong

18. mynameiskc

well, it IS entirely possible that she's eating too much food with beta carotene, probalby dieting to stay thin. hollywood is brutal, and i can't recall the last product tha tturned people orange. i try to stay a little tan so that i don't look yellow.

19. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

no, thats just ignorant, its ignorant.......

20. sooty_the_kat

sooty_the_kat Senior Member

MJ also claims that he hasnt had any plastic surgery..... so.... how can anyone believe that skin disease bullshit