logitech webcam installation

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by curdled, Jan 2, 2005.

1. curdled

curdled Member

I'm not very advanced when it comes to computers, and I have Windows XP, so I have a question:

I got a spherical logitech webcam and when i go to control pannel, then printers and other hardware, then scanners and cameras, then 'add an imaging device' and it asks me the manufacturer of the webcam.. well it gives me the option of:

Agfa
    Casio
    Epson
    FUJIFILM
    Hewlett Packard
    Kodak
    Nikon
    Olympus
    UMAX Data Systems Inc.
    Xerox...

...but no Logitech! Anyone know how what I'm supposed to do?

2. al_from_mn

al_from_mn Member

Did the webcam come with a cd? If not, go to logitech's website to download drivers. Most likely windows xp doesn't have preloaded driver files for your webcam. Also, what is the model of your webcam?

Peace, Alex

3. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

If the option is available to you, choose "Other". But, Al is right. There are no built-in drivers for Logitek products in Windows. You will have to get them from the Logitek website. There, you can also get the software to actually USE the webcam.

4. Juggalo4ever

Juggalo4ever KingoftheChubbyGirls

I got one of those. I got mine free from the cable company and if it's the same it should have came with a CD that does everything automaticly

5. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have a micro innovations. It just tells me "generic digital camera"...