Log cabin kits

Discussion in 'The Environment' started by Cre, May 11, 2004.

1. Cre

Cre Senior Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this but..

Do you know of anyone (or have you) purchased and set up a log cabin kit? Not like a little one room deal but a full on home. My husband and I are buying some land and we are seriously considering getting one. He is a carpenter, so he could do the bulk of it by himself (and some good friends).

I want to talk to someone who has done it and pics would be fabulous! :) :)

2. eccofarmer

eccofarmer Member

NAMASTE

I am setting one up for a friend now.It takes time but it sounds like
    your partner has the skills and should be some what easy for you.The site and company that i go threw is http://wildernesscabin.com/ If you have any problems they are great to ask.

3. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

Wow I didn't know that those were still around...that's pretty cool.

4. Bug_Man

Bug_Man Banned

Even the kits are extremely expensive. Expensive, because the home is built at a site and then disassembled and shipped to your location. Many labor hours, thus.........$

5. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

that would be SUCH a fun thing to do! I'm inspired now!

6. luvhuffer

luvhuffer Member

My friend has a 2 story place outside of Virginia City NV. It has a basement and a barn. The hardest part was getting the footing for the foundation poured. After that it was like playing with Lincoln Logs. It is about 30 years old now. I'll see if I have any pics. I'll scan em and post them if I find some. We used to spark up a fatty, sit on the back porch eatin pine nuts we picked, and watch the wild mustangs run.