Locker Room Nudity

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by Nakedwalker, Dec 9, 2019.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The idea that one or more of those kids might actually be gay was never really a consideration, it was all about conformity.

BTW If anyone ever sported a hard-on in the shower, the individual in question would likely sustain injuries that the school nurse would not be qualified to treat.

2. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Maybe before the invention of modern deodorant their might have been a reason to shower after gym or sports but now its pointless just go home and clean up.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

In jail in the US there is a rule no "freefalling" meaning everyone must wear shorts wile showering.
    Study: 49% black men, 38% white men arrested by age 23
    www.cbsnews.com/news/study-49-black-men-38-white-men-arrested-by-age-23/

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I piped in because I was subjected to shower after gym in middle school and was just like what the heck I am not dirty at all now I have to get all wet then dry off what a pointless hassle !

5. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Very much agree but would you not grow up being a little anxious of experiencing shared showers or changing rooms shared in your naked presence? Or would you feel comfortable in them situations as an adult?

6. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

I wish they had these when I was a kid instead of total same gender shared showers. My gym today is a communal male shared shower

7. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

There were no showers at my high school and I went to an all boys school. We must have smelled revolting after running around at lunch and gym class in summer.
    12 year old me probably would have been horrified to have to shower around other boys but it's a rite of passage that makes people hopefully less hung up about their appearance

8. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

I really do get you I think.

9. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Hey,
    Hey, surely every man's favourite memory must be the times when young enough to be taken into shared showers with mam.

10. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

I see open gym showers as a great equalizer. It's an opportunity to shed your armor and openly admit you are just another human being engaging in a self care activity. It allows you to experience and contribute to the diversity of body types that we spend so much time and energy cloaking in almost every other public setting. There is something humbling and communal about it that provides a much needed antidote to the overemphasized separateness and division in our society.

I like open gym showers, and have never seen a single incident of inappropriate behavior that was not quickly admonished.

11. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

And that's why some people choose to go to gyms that have individualized shower cubicles.

12. BiGuySW

BiGuySW Members

There are several other things I like about open locker rooms and showers at the gym where I go.

First, during the busiest times of the day, I never have to wait for an opportunity to take a shower. I had visited the Planet Fitness gyms once, and there were waiting lines to use their individualized unisex changing/shower rooms.

Also, there are some older men in wheel chairs who need assistance in the shower. It is not uncommon to see them get that assistance from others at the gym where I go. There are grab handles mounted on the walls, and plenty of room to temporarily move a wheel chair or set of crutches out of the way.

I also like the comaraderie I hear in the locker room conversations. Men are always talking about the tennis or pickleball match they just completed at the gym, or talking about what they plan on doing over the weekend. I see men I know from my work life, along with some public figures in my community, all taking a break from shop talk and feeling good about completing a workout, game, or match.

13. NakedInfluence

NakedInfluence Member

What I don't like about open showers is the cold. I don't shower with the door open at home because it's nice to be in a hot steamy box. As it were.

SaraSara likes this.
  14. Renart

Renart Members

Some old folks stop giving any fucks. Not just about nudity, but everything in general.

15. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

16. Texasdude65

Texasdude65 Members

I miss the old style gym locker rooms. I enjoy being nude with other men.

BiSal likes this.
  17. Texasdude65

Texasdude65 Members

I used to belong to a gym like that. It was great being able to relax nude in the sauna, jacuzzi, etc. with other guys.

BiSal likes this.
  18. Texasdude65

Texasdude65 Members

Exactly! When the "old" guys were young, male nudity wasn't a big thing. All the shower rooms were open and guys were ok with it. It's the younger generation that is upright, so they claim the "old" guys flaunt.