living your values

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by kitty fabulous, May 8, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i have given a lot of thought lately to the idea of living one's values. it's a philosophy of mine that means a lot to me, that if something is important to me, it is reflected in how i live my life.

i will admit to doing a lot of self-congratulatory back-patting in the past about some of the changes i have made in my life over time in order to live my values. but now, i don't know, i feel i'm at a sort of crossroads, but i realize that i am still a long way from living my values. in a sense, it's a goal, an ideal to work towards that i'm not sure is completely and realistically attainable.

so i guess this post is about mindfulness. are you living your values? what are you doing in your daily life to realize that which is meaningful and important to you? where do you fall short, or stand strong?

(is themnax still around? i totally miss his writing style.)

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

i try n live out what i value as important to me , my beliefs, my morals etc on a daily basis,,,, now aint saying i aint skroooooooooooed way up along that path i have taken however even the wrong path has led to neat n exciting thing which i will hold forever with me and hopefully keep on using what i have learned along that path,,,,

as far as my values etc now,,, mmmmmm was one of my reasons i came down here to Ga. It was time i started living what i believed and time i started working more toward that....Am i doing that?mmmmmmmmmmm to some extent yes..Is it the right move,, i dunno really, tis hard to say..I am working on some of the things i thought i came here for yet at the same time i am feeling that i am doing nothing but treading water just to keep my head up n from drowning and alot of times like i am even back peddling.

Which now leads me to the question that i have in my head each and every day.... is this living out my values and being who and what i am or am i just banging my head against a wall and turning it to mush in the process? I know that i am learning, expereincing and growing all at the same time but ,,, is all the heartache n strife that comes with worth it in the end....

3. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Am I living my values? Well, in all seriousness, I really am not sure what my values are. But I'm not doing my best in my daily life to realize what is most important to me. What is important to me? I think getting the most out of each day is very important to me, and sometimes I get the most out of each day (doing what I want each day). But there are days (it seems like many of them) I don't do anything worthwhile. Sometimes, that's not a problem, and often that is for me.

4. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i ask myself this every day. then make a plan to live and be who i want to be, then fall back into the same old same old...........
    there are a lot of things I value, but sometimes I get so caught up in the moment of things all values fly right out the window, guess I need to work on my self controll..........................................

5. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I think you said it best in its an ideal to work towards. Without this ideal can there be hope? When an artsit paints their masterpiece do they put away the brush? No because I would say in 99% of all situations like this - it is the viewer that defines the masterpiece, not the artist him or herself. In a way, at least for me, I know I continue to push my ideals/values further out there with each passing day - raise the bar so to speak.

6. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

and ryan.........thats why you get my admiration. good word usage.

7. dhs

dhs Senior Member

Wow, didn't know it was my grammer that did it for you:p

8. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

you know its all of it, you dopehead!

anyway........i am no where near my ideal but i do strive for it. i think i am closer as the days go on but occasionally i get knocked down.
    value speaking.......i definately live my values. they are my truths