Living with your parents...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by BrownTripleQQ, Aug 29, 2005.

1. BrownTripleQQ

BrownTripleQQ Member

What was it like growing up at your parents house? Did you have freedom to do what ever? Were your parents strict?? Name one thing that your parents taught you that you will never forget.

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

do you seriously have nothing better to do than come up with shit like this?

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

hahaha

exactly what i was thinking

why do you ask so many questions! do you honestly give a shit??

4. 121

121 Senior Member

Cut them off for good...

5. BrownTripleQQ

BrownTripleQQ Member

Thanks for your opinions. This is random thoughts, right?

6. 121

121 Senior Member

Yup, ignore the player haters ;)

7. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

right, it is random thoughts

8. BrownTripleQQ

BrownTripleQQ Member

Okay...just making sure.

9. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I got enough. turned 14. they had another kid.....got lots of freedom......had another kid....I got strung out on drugs.....had another kid.......well more of the same........

10. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i still live at home, well, during the summers and when i have break from school. they weren't that strict, but i did have my share of freedoms as i got older. they taught me to own up for all my actions.

11. Insomniac_devi

Insomniac_devi Beast Toast

My parents are divorced. They taught me that they could never tell me the truth about each other. So now I don't really talk to either of them....

12. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

i still technically still live at home... my parents own a duplex and i live in the apartment above them... they're not very strict... didnt care that i drank or smoked weed... as long as i didnt get caught... and well i never have

13. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

yeah, I still live with my mom. I lived on my own a couple years ago, because neither of my parents (divorced) lived in the city I was going to school at for university. They weren't all that strict.. I got a couple spankings as a little one from my pop, but mostly because I did shit after being told not to (like run away from them in a busy mall). Probly the best thing my mom taught me was to be independent... my dad and grandma both coddled me way too much, if I'd lived with them more I'd be incapable of taking care of myself :p

14. psyche

psyche fun for the whole family

my parent's couldn't care less what i do, it's good.

15. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

Being the youngest, I got away with a lot more than my brother did. Wasn't because I was well behaved or anything, but I was smart enough to watch him and learn how to not get caught. My parents were strict, but not overbearing, and I could talk my way into or out of any situation I so desired.

16. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I still live with my parents and it's pretty much hell. My parents got away with a ton when they were my age- drugs, parties, sex, the whole deal. So now that I'm at that age, they do everything in their power to NOT let me do anything including never letting me out of the house. I'm only "allowed" to hang out with a few friends and they rarely let me use the car. I don't mind letting my parents know where I am, but I literally have to call my parents every 30 minutes when I'm out. It's kind of ridiculous. They're going to die when I go away to college... It was bad enough when I was gone for 3 weeks.

17. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

my folks are hippies :)

I was taught common sense, and how to make an informed desicion.....from the age of 11 I was pretty much left to my own devices (never grounded, never had a curfew....only things that might harm me or others were a no-no)....

I left home at 17, while still friends with my parents, and we are still good friends to this day :)

18. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

I moved in with my mom and stepdad when I was 12. I learnt how to plan meals, how to take care of myself, and how much work young kids are. I learnt to "duck and cover" when shit hit the fan. I left at 16.

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I forgot, but it was good.