Living On a Reservation

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by BuddahsBelly, Jun 3, 2004.

1. BuddahsBelly

BuddahsBelly Member

Hey Guys, this summer I'm living on an Native American Reservation in Arizona. Infact I'm here right now. Its a pretty cool place. Living outside, teaching and meeting children and new people, learning a new culture. Its a lot to take in sometimes but im having a great time. Its a part of a Scholarship that i was chosen for for when i go to college. Im living here until August 2nd..and I go to college on August 16th...so its cool stuff. Everybody should take sometime to expirence something new. This time in Arizona is going to be life changing, its already changing the way i think about the earth and how people live on it.

2. Caitlin

Caitlin Member

Oh, thats really wonderful. I've always felt a connection with Native American beliefs, how theyre so cliose with earth, and their legands and stories to pass down. A close friend of the family, was just honoured to be givne status of a chief, because he worked so closely with Native American peoples for a long time.

I agree about trying new things. I would love to live somewhere really foreign...and just let the land effect me positively

3. VanAstral

VanAstral Member

a Buddha in a teepee... should be a jolly peaceful good time.

4. thepixies

thepixies Member

buddhasbelly you have an incredible name!

huzzah to you my freind