Living in the U.K

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Nistix, May 14, 2004.

1. Nistix

Nistix Member

When I chat to my mates on the subject most of them agree that the UK is the best place to live in the world at this time in History.
    Do you agree.
    I think our countryside is some of the best in the world. Our music scene kicks the shit out of anywhere else definately! We have an awesome group of people living here etc.
    People complain about our public services... I am sure not many people here mind too much about their trains running slightly late.
    What do you guys reckon?
    Try to avoid too much talk about Iraq and the war on terror!

2. Xiola

Xiola One Lonely Seagull

There are lots of wonderful things here I know and the countryside is beautiful...but only when its sunny!

3. zopilote

zopilote Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i'm glad i grew up in cambridge, and we do have an incredibly beautiful country...
    but i dont know where i'll settle, britain is all i've ever known, i've got to see some other places first...

4. tulip

tulip Member

I hope people wont kick my ass if I say this :eek:, but...

for some reason, I'd rather live in Finland... :)

~lovetulip.

5. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

The UK is pretty good. We have practially full employment, free healthcare, a decent education system, and one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

...but I'm still joining Tulip in going to Finland...

6. veinglory

veinglory Member

I have lived in the UK for almost two years and it's pretty good. I especially like the Scottish islands and highlands. I still want to head home to NZ though. I think they place you grow up tends to have a special appeal.

7. miabubble

miabubble Member

*pounces* you are from Edinburgh!!!!

MEET UP!!!!! :D :D :D

8. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

thats why im moving there. And yes all the best bands have been british. Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, part of the jimi hendrix experience, cream, the bealtes, the rolling stones..the list goes on. anywho, i have heard the country is beautiful. england,amsterdam, or jamaica is where i am moving!

9. Peace-Phoenix

Peace-Phoenix Senior Member

I do like the UK, but then I love the world. It would be so much nicer if it didn't have people living on it though....

10. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

You guys are so lucky to live in a smaller area than I do. This country is enormous, so we hardly ever get to meet each other, and you folks get to spend time together so often! I would love to be able to spend time with my forum friends in real life.
    The UK really does kick ass.

11. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

Angel store the words right out of my mouth! I really cannot wait to someday leave this god forsaken country in the DUST and move somehwhere not as constricting and poorly ruled. I do hope to someday move to Europe, and to travel around the world. Might come true sooner than I think! Well... I hope anyway!

And yes, you guys are so lucky to be able to meet each other so often! I've not met anyone off the forums! I have a friend I met here who lives 2 and a half hours away and I've not even met HIM yet! And we're in the same STATE!

12. Graham

Graham Member

i dont think the Uk is anything special, overpopulated and over rated, id rather live in canada or somewere like finland norway etc.

13. bokonon

bokonon Senior Member

Personally I'm glad I was born and raised in England, but now I'm an adult I really can't wait to get out of here. And by saying that, I'm really referring to the North-East, it was grand growing up between Newcastle and Sunderland but they offer very little to me now.

I don't have the usual complaints of poor public transport or constant rain, that's all part and parcel, it's the complete loss of community I've seen in my own 20 year lifetime.

I think the UK now is heading into a heap of trouble. I don't mean with Iraq (even though it's a factor) as you said to ignore that. But with other government plans and with probably half the population not giving two shits about what they're doing.

ID cards are my final straw, if and by the time they're compulsory you wont see me for dust.

14. Man_In_A_Shed

Man_In_A_Shed Member

I think we are all pretty lucky to live in such a free place, and at lot of people (including myself) take it for granted, so i supose the uk is quite nice. I definetly agree with you about the countryside, but the weather is never really that great. It will be a shame to leave Scotland, because i love the place so much, but i need to get away and start over, i can't see myself staying in britain three or four years down the line. I don't agree with you about the music scene, there are some good british artists out there, but i think its gotten stale, most bands nowadays are just copying stuff from 30 years ago and calling it original.

15. stardust

stardust Banned

nuf said!!!!

16. Nistix

Nistix Member

damn right stardust!

17. tulip

tulip Member

When I'm old I want to move to Lapland... or why wait... I want to go there NOW! :)

18. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I love the UK,especially at this time of year when everything is fresh and green and full of promise,BUT, Tulip take me with you?

19. Claire

Claire Senior Member

wow English summers are great:D

Oh summer makes me sooo happy:)

Love Clairexxxxx

20. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

*slap*

Calm down woman!