Living Among Other Barefoot People

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 322887, Mar 14, 2022.

1. I moved to Daytona Beach, FL about six months ago. I’ve been barefoot the whole time with zero issues. So this area is “barefoot friendly.” It would be great if there were other barefoot people here though. And barefoot tourists on the beach do not qualify as “barefoot people” to me.

I am likely going to move from this area by the Summer of 2024. It’s OK here, but is not someplace I want to live the rest of my life.

I would like my next move (still in Florida) to be among other barefoot people. Finding such a place has slightly less odds than hitting a PowerBall Lottery.

Nudegardner and phillybarefooter like this.
  2. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

I know how you feel I would like to move to a place where everybody is barefoot and shopping and going to restaurants and other places are barefoot friendly . But to find a place like that is not easy or does not Exist.

3. Barefoot_Longhair

Barefoot_Longhair Member

They Florida Keys?

4. Thus my PowerBall reference.

Nudegardner likes this.
  5. phillybarefooter

phillybarefooter Member

Come to St. Pete, and you'll at least have me. :) In all seriousness, you should check out here. I'm having similarly good results, as in "zero hassles" and it's a very cool town.

6. St. Pete is awesome. I was in the general area about a year ago. Actually got hassled for going barefoot into the Winn-Dixie in Madeira Beach. Some Shoe-Karen employee told me it is against first Florida law, and when I challenged that she claimed it was county and then city law.

No, it was against Shoe-Karen law. For some reason she liked to go on a power trip and/or hates bare feet. Probably both

phillybarefooter and Nudegardner like this.
  7. My desire of living among other barefoot people has partly come true.

Have seen many barefoot people walking the streets and even some going into stores. It’s kind of refreshing to not be the only barefoot person in the drug store or supermarket.

I have not yet seen one other person barefoot in Target though.

8. xkr404

xkr404 Member

I am living in Australia right now and I would class my town as barefoot friendly - you do see others around regularly. It can be random though - sometimes I won’t see anyone else for weeks but then suddenly 10+ in one day. Don’t get me wrong Aus. is not a ‘barefoot heaven’ where every other person isn’t wearing shoes but I do see other girls and guys that are fellow members of the club haha

9. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

I was shopping barefoot in Morrisons in Chesterfield, England today and saw a barefoot woman in there too, her soles were dirty as well. I would’ve said ‘nice shoes’ or something but she was on the phone. Nice to see another barefooter though!

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  10. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

I know it’s always great to see another barefooter. Like this morning I saw a young lady walking barefoot and she said I’m glad to see someone else walking barefoot I said yes it nice to see someone else barefoot too. Her feet were black just like mine

Scirocco09 likes this.
  11. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

I like to tell another barefooter "we seem to be sole mates!"

12. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

‘Sole mates’ - good one!

Funnily enough I saw another girl barefoot in Chesterfield the week before, I forgot to mention it here. I don’t even live there but often pass through to go to the Peak District. I stopped at McDonalds on the way home and saw a young woman wearing a dress walk out of a cinema opposite and go into McDonalds, she wasn’t carrying any shoes and didn’t have a bag they could’ve been in. She was with a couple of female friends who clearly didn’t have a problem with their barefoot pal

Barefoot Rick likes this.