live psychedelic trance?

Discussion in 'Electronic and Experimental Music' started by kayte, Jun 10, 2006.

1. kayte

kayte Member

i don't know if this is EXACTLY the genre i'm thinking, but perhaps... lately i've gotten pretty into particle and bands like that - disco biscuits - basically i'm looking for 'live' electronic psychedelic music - i know there's tons out there but i don't know where to begin!

2. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

check out GONG!, Aphex Twin, Shpongle, Infected Mushroom and then elaborate on your search criteria...

3. Klute

Klute Member

Hux Flux, GMS, Asterix, But mostly the ones above!

4. Half A Sandwich

Half A Sandwich Member

STS9, PSYLAB, Pnuma Trio, Biscuits of course

5. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Signal Path and I'd second Pnuma Trio

6. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Sig is a thing of the past But pnuma is sick as fuck latly they have be playing with ryan signal paths guitarist. Zilla, Sts9, and lotus are all tight i defintaly wouldent call it trance more like electronica Trance is whack its extremely repetitve to the point were your like "wow a 4 year old could have made this song"

7. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

defintaly supposed to be a comma between electronica and trance so dont get confused

8. Jezmund

Jezmund Member

yeah i also do find that this type of music can be a little repetitive

9. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

PNUMA TRIO is bad ass. LOTUS, STS9 is a good one for beginners, CONSPIRATOR (members of biscuits, the new deal -also another good band to check out- and joe russo on drums), Brother's Past is another good trance/jam band. Ive heard good things about Bassnectar as well. Theres lots of other side projects of the disco biscuits that are pretty sweet (the insane luchadors, lavernaues cool, etc) all can be found on the archive.org if you want their live stuff (conspirator was recently added and they are one of my faves....one of the best shows ive ever seen was conspirator). But i would definitely reccommend the Pnuma Trio....they are really awesome, and everyone loves them after a short listen lol. Theres plenty more to be found as well....if you want, you can go to pandora.com and type in any band, and pandora will search for similar bands for you (and theyll let you listen to them for free). You have found the music of the future my friend, keep it up.

10. Half A Sandwich

Half A Sandwich Member

no biscuit love in this thread?

11. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

I dont no how i forgot particle but they are defintaly on the top of my list. STS9 IS waaayyy tripped out music, shows dont sound that crazy at first but the morre you listen you start noticing crazy shit that you didnt before. Ozric tentavcles is also way crazy.

12. jacobfredjo

i will second the Ozric Tentacles.....but its a lil more industrial/techno sounding than electronic jam like lotus/sts9/pnuma etc.

As far as the biscuits go.....im not a HUGE fan, but i do like a lot of there stuff. I dont like it when they sing lol, but they can jam for sure. I like all their side projects WAYY more. Conspirator happens to be one of the sickest electronic jam bands in my opinion. Electron is pretty dece as well.

Also, another good one to check out is the band Estradasphere

13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

EOTO (another Travis project with Jason from SCI) is worth a listen. He's putting up a few bits on myspace/eoto

14. JethroZoso

JethroZoso Member

I like Psy. Dark Psy. You may like Darkaholic or other psy artists like cosmosis, Fractil Glider etc. My mate has seen some live Psy-Trance here in Dublin. Guitars and drums etc. Must find out who it was.

15. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

Eoto is tight Vibesquad is sweet to its the dj from zilla. Also The mackrosoft and the cheebacabra are sweet you can find all that shiton myspace

16. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

One serious (die-hard) fan of the Ozrics here, owning 21 albums, the 'Live at the Pongmaster's Ball' DVD and double CD, and attended 5 of their 'hemp fests' (self declared as opposed to the word 'gig') in the limelight Club in Crewe too. My mate's dad powered an amp for them once with a generator attached to an exercise bike! Didn't catch the full story but hell I'd love to.
    I'd say psychedelic trance with a blend of rock drumming and overall ambience pretty much sums them up.
    Industrial? Which songs/albums make you form this opinion? Each album seems to have it's own feel, but I have yet to come across an Ozrics song that has any relation to Industrial music.

17. SILVERWOLF_87

SILVERWOLF_87 Member

Juno Reactor anyone??

18. jacobfredjo

Yeah, you are right i just wrote in bad words to describe what i was talking about lol. But when i said industrial i wasnt reffering to that type of music i just meant they rock out a little harder and are a little more trance esque and electronic sounding than an STS9, Lotus, Disco Biscuits, etc. But Ozrics def are dope. Cant wait to see them this summer at Wakarusa 2007 its gonna be insane.

BTW, do you happen to know who the members will be on this summer's tour? i have heard all sorts of lineup rumors....Thanks if you do...Peace