Live in a van?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Tuktuk08, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

Money is one of my biggest concerns...I'm probably going to have around 3,000 give or take a little before i go anywhere. Another thing that concerns me is getting robbed.

I play the guitar so I was thinking that I may be able to make some income playing it, but that also concerns me carrying it everywhere. I just got my newest guitar last summer and it cost around 750, so I'm worried about it getting taken by someone.

I think I'm probably leaning against the van living, for right now anyway.

I've heard so many good ideas from you guys. Rainbow gathering sounds very interesting to me, and i think it would be a great way for me to start. The bicycle/tent idea sounds great as well....when it comes to hoping on a train and just goin, well i don't think Im quite ready for something like that yet. I give props to anyone out there that can do that.

2. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

Selling bracelets was another income idea i was thinking of...i wasn't sure if I'd be able to make enough income selling them though.

3. Wild Mountain Dave

Wild Mountain Dave Rainbow

it depends on your personality type. If you can be assertive and go to work solid for an entire concert or 3 hours a night at spring break, you can make an excellent living. I made 200 dollars a night in panama city and about 800 dollars a night at concerts.

4. jdude

jdude Member

Ya dude hit me up ill tag along. sounds like a great expeirence

5. Tuktuk08

Tuktuk08 Member

Wow! thats crazy....that makes me feel a little better. I think I could do something like that. I dont know if I could make quite that much money but I will give it my all.

Where are you from jdude?

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

What Landed you in Colorada bro?

7. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Wow. That's definitely impressive :)

8. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

I lived in a 1993 GMC Safari for about 6 months in 2003. Money wasn't too hard, I showered at truckstops, and it was fun. Wouldn't do it again for that long, but I camp out in my current van (1993 Chevy Astro) if I go somewhere overnight.

9. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

planting trees is a good source of income for someone living in a vehicle.
    pay aint real great and its real hard monotonous work but its a honest living,money is guaranteed,you can stay on the job site,its usually in the middle of nowhere and your always out with nature.

10. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I couldn't do it. I really don't like people enough to have zero privacy.