Little white hairs on her leaves?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Riddance, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Riddance

Riddance Member

OK so my divinorum got a stem broken near the first node from the soil. I now have two axillary branches as the main source of vegetation. One is dominant and has all the characteristics one would assume of it. The smaller one seems to have broader leaves and also has all these little white hairs on the leaves. They're not so dense so that they create a fur but more of this obvious little forest of white hairs perpendicular to the leaf. Anyone know if this is normal and why are they there / not on the other branch? Thanks in advance =).

2. alchemist357

alchemist357 Member

do you think it could be mold? ive seen over watered plants mold before....not salvia though.

3. otb01

otb01 Member

Try to make an extract of the "hairy" leaves and see if there is any change in color/etc of the ethanol/salvia suspension. If there is a change in color, I wouldn't trust those leaves.

4. uplink

uplink Member

sounds like mold to me.

5. Riddance

Riddance Member

Sorry about the slow reply my net has been down due to "illegal" downloading. Pshhh, like there is such a thing. No, I am rather sure this is not mold. I will get a pic up as soon as possible (when I get connected back up). These are very distinct hairs seperated from each other by several cm. They look almost like short animal hairs.