Little Mosque on the Prairie

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Cate8, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

No dude, not evil. Bad.

The second you start talking in terms of evil, and Universal Law, you're forced to talk in terms of justification (universal) for your position on the matter.

The second you start talking about universal justifications, in the form of Universal Law, you put yourself in the exact same shoes that the R.C.C., Fascist Italy, and Communist Russia!

You can avoid that, and maintain the position you wish to espouse if you simply replace evil with bad.

Its just that bad implies ethicism, while evil implies moralism. One is relative, one is objective. Well ..... to some of us.

2. Waking Life

They could, but I'm a white middle class male. I own a computer.
    What the fuck business do I have emphathizing with minorities? They don't want my support because I am the enemy.

So there are two ways to go about it. I can accept that I am what I am and be happy knowing that I won the flippin lottery, so to speak.

Or I can realize that I hold such a position and fight against my kinfolk.

3. Waking Life

Both options marginalize me greatly, one as a racist, and one as a wacko.

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you have a point...

it doesn't really matter what we do to help minorities, because most of them will always do whatever they can to hurt us for no reason other than they were raised to believe that hurting the white man is the right thing to do...

but if you don't even bother giving them basic rights, there is absolutely NO chance of things improving. besides, i still have most of the power over them, plus i get to feel like i'm taking the higher ground...

5. Waking Life

What needs to be improved? You're sitting pretty dude. And you'll only last a few more decades. Don't waste your time trying to help the indoctrinated minority.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

a lot of things need to be improved. just because white people are on top doesn't mean everything is perfect for us. i'd love to be able to get a CD player for my car without just having to buy a new window and a new radio 3 days later. i'd love to be able to hire and fire employees based on how well they do their job. i'd love to just make some innocent jokes about the differences between different groups without being considered a terrible person.

honestly, i don't do anything to help any group; i also don't go out of my way to hold them back, unless, like i said before, they are actively trying to hurt me.

7. Waking Life

Well ultimately I agree with you. There are a ton of things that really fucking grind at my insides, ya know. I really despise the state of things. It kind of makes me sick. There is a whole world out there that understands how to change it all and they're starting to develop a theoretical framework to back their actions. Its such a fucking .... exciting optimism. Ultimately its why I went back to the university. I don't want to be around the real world. I need to be around a theoretical world, where things can change, where the world isn't as awful.

But how difficult is it to stand where you and I stand and say that all the problems you just outlined could be eliminated if we hadn't allowed minorities the basic human rights that we have.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, the theoretical world is so much better.

what's really sad is that these problems could have been eliminated like you said, by denying basic human rights... but they also could have been eliminated by actually giving minorities the same rights all along...

it's like we took and continue to take the worst course of action, and it's really too late to fix it now

9. Waking Life

military coup.

military fucking coup. Flippin skip'd support it.

10. Waking Life

oh please myself.

as if I can posit the existence of some hypothetical theoryetical world. What a joke.

Anchors a-fucking-way, right?

So this is my vessel. Its what I call see worthy. S E E. See with your eyes. I feel like it should be an extension of my personality. Voila. And this? This is like my little window to the world, and every minute it's a different show. Now, I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what, I accept it and just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even keel I guess is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes. The ride does not require an explanation. Just occupants. That's where you guys come in. It's like you come onto this planet with a crayon box. Now, you may get the 8-pack, you may get the 16-pack. But it's all in what you do with the crayons, the colors that you're given. And don't worry about drawing within the lines or coloring outside the lines. I say color outside the lines. You know what I mean? Color right off the page. Don't box me in. We're in motion to the ocean. We are not landlocked, I'll tell ya that.

11. Waking Life

where do ya want out?

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

uuhhhh... here i guess. you just lost me and it's past my bedtime...

:leaving:

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

YES !!! Date the Bosnian brunette !!! Most definately.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

its never too late to stop bullying others into joining in collective suicide.
    its never too late to start taking first steps to stop creating the damage, even if we can't expect to see the improvements right away.

but if we can't get over this idea that nothing that doesn't gratify instantly is worth while, then yes, that's what is dooming us.

=^^=
    .../\...