Liquid Cremation

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Aerianne, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they should trademark it as creamation

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ewwww. Gross.

4. egger

egger Member

It uses potassium hydroxide (oven cleaner) or sodium hydroxide (drain cleaner).

'Water cremation' sounds better than Easy-Off oven cleaner or Liquid-Plumr drain cleaner.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-10-22-california-passes-legislation-allowing-the-liquification-of-bodies.html#

excerpt:

"Despite its name, water cremation doesn’t actually make use of water. The process entails placing a body into a steel vat containing an alkaline solution composed of 95 percent water and five percent potassium hydroxide or lye. The combination of chemicals, pressure, and heat that reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 177 degrees Celsius) quicken the rate of decomposition until all that are left behind are bones, sterile water, and any medical implants. The remaining bones are then crushed into ash and returned to the family."

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Thanks I gotta couple bodies in a 44 gallon drum and didn't know what to do with em

=p

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

make sure its a plastic drum

dont ask why

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Would all the chemicals melt the plastic drum? I'd do that bury it lol. Or I could go full Dahmer. Speaking of which, complete change of subject sorry but there's a new Dahmer movie coming out and the actor whoever he is, DAAAAAMN he looks just like him. :)

8. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

dahmer used plastic too

[​IMG]?

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I thought he he boiled water and attempted to melt, then keep the rest in the freezer.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i know he tried injecting boiling water into the brains...before they died

but that is his barrel