lip piercing problem..

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by c0nfus3d, May 16, 2013.

1. c0nfus3d

c0nfus3d Guest

I got my lip pierced a few days ago, well today is now day 3 and never really had a piercing but many of my friends have, so ive called them and then called the shop to see what I should do my friends tell me to switch to a hoop and the shop tells me its fine its just swollen they don't seem to concerned at all. Problem is the front is fine not pushing against it to hard or anything but the back of the piercing is actually inside the lip not pressing against it. the guy said when the swelling goes down it should correct itself but idk it just doesn't seem right to me. So I started taking his advice and took some anti inflammatorys but don't wanna mess up my lip by waiting a few more days. Ive only eatin like twice since I got it done and barely drank anything so I wouldn't have to clean it over and over but I do smoke cigs so I have been washing my mouth out with Listerine a lot. was just wondering if anybody had any experience or advice for me.

Thanks in advance!

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Salt water mouth rinses are your friend.

3. c0nfus3d

c0nfus3d Guest

thank you. I didn't think my lip would still be swollen after 3days lol.

it all looks healthy so I wasn't worried bout infections to much just worried that the back of it is stuck inside my lip like its to small or something. is that normal?