Link to video of berg execution uncensored..watch if you wish

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by dharmaseeker77, May 11, 2004.

1. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Ellis, the right wingers can hoot and howl all they like. The effects of depleted uranium are well documented and indeed tantamount to radiation sickness in their long term effects (which is the point i was making).

Herewith a host of articles and analyses on DU...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~stgvisie/ud_main.html

http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Estgvisie/VISIE/silentWMD%27s.html

2. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

All well and good, but the symptoms caused still aren't RADIATION SICKNESS.

The short-term effects are most likely due to chemical toxicity (Uranium is a heavy metal, like lead and mercury). The long term effects (cancer and the like) are likely due to internal alpha particle irradiation.

3. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

Well color me untrained in medicine, but sickness that derives from radioactivity is essentially "radiation sickness" to my mind.

I wasn't writing a review for the AMA, it's the essence of the matter that im concerned with.

4. EllisDTripp

The "essence of the matter" is one thing. But rightist ideologues (including a few on this site) will seize on technical innacuracies like that in an attempt to discredit EVERYTHING that we say. It happens all the time, particularly with environmental issues where pro-environmental spokespeople don't bother to get the basic science correct before speaking to media outlets or sending out a press release. Their conclusions might be perfectly reasonable, but that issue is quickly submerged under a smokescreen, and environmentalists are then dismissed by the media as fuzzy-headed idealists who have no idea what they are talking about.

My comments weren't meant as any kind of attack on YOU, but an attempt to avoid giving ammunition to the pro-war yahoos who post on here. The DU debate has been slogged through MANY times in the last few years on this site.

5. luna99

luna99 Member

6. EllisDTripp

Interesting stuff, Luna!

I will make an observation about the "military time" thing on the videotape, though. The 24 hour time format is actually quite common on consumer electronic equipment, especially gear sold outside of the USA. The presence of a time stamp in 24 hr format on the video is meaningless in itself.

The timeline contradictions coupled with the lack of sound sync with video (screams heard with mouth closed), lack of visible struggle by the victim, and the notable lack of spurting blood as the head is severed are all very suspicious, indeed.

7. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

I understand your point Ellis, and I realised you weren't arguing with me.

Frankly from my own 14 years of professional experience in foreign policy circles i am all too aware of the typical right wing penchant for ignoring any arguments of principle whatsoever unless they are their own warped principles (for which, btw, they are absolutely incapable of sustaining a consistent defence in any credible debate without ignoring the countless historic demonstrations of the negative repercussions of following such principles).

So with or without the most sound scientific terminology in the world, those who beligerently pursue policies of elitest self-interest will refuse to see reason.

8. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

a local radio show(in west chester pa, where he is from,and me too) said that he was shot in the neck first then he was beheaded

9. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

that is a shocking, and disturbing article to read, luna

10. hippie_au

hippie_au Member

im going to totally regret watching it..

here i go.