Lighter Periods lately

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by DancerAnnie, May 30, 2007.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Since I've gotten off of birth control, my periods have been much shorter and much lighter.

I don't know if this is the exact reason WHY they are lighter and shorter, but I can't figure out why else they would be.

Anyone else had abnormally lighter or heavier periods? What do you think the cause was?

2. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

A fiddlehead!!! !! ! !

(And yes, I have. I will post more tomorrow, as I am sooo tired)

3. HippyFreek

HippyFreek Vintage Member

Wait. I thought you were pregnant? *confuzzled*

4. DancerAnnie

I had a miscarriage a little over two months ago :(

5. plumtaste

plumtaste Member

this is not a reasion for your periods to be lighter; the cause can be your health condition.

6. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

my periods ended up being lighter and shorter after i went off b/c, just the way my body works. they started out heavy and average, went to long and really heavy on b/c, and now theyre nice and light but i get cramps when i never used to.
    i dont know if any health problem could be causing it, if your worried then go see your doc :)

7. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

:( Hugs! Hormonal and physical changes can cause lighter periods... mine used to be super duper irregular, heavy, and painful, and as I'm lsing weight and getting my PCOS under control, they've been more regular, lighter and shorter (the cramping and bloating, if anything, have gotten worse and I get them more times in the cycle - I cramp when I ovulate, and for a good day or two before my period comes - but I'm hoping that'll change as time goes on.

It could be other hormonal/physical/pheremonal changes as well. If you're spending your time with different people, eating different foods, losing weight, started/stopped other medications or supplements... Sometimes your mind just automatically goes to the most likely candidate (bc) but that's not always the culprit! It can't hurt to ask your gyno.s/he could explain things much better I'm sure. And if they say you're all good and normal, and you feel fine for a couple more cycles, enjoy your newfound freedom! :)

8. DancerAnnie

They haven't been more painful. In fact, they've been LESS painful...and shorter. I'm not arguing...

But I found out I might have lupus, so I don't know if that's a causation...*shrugs*

9. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

maybe it was something to do with the miscarriage???

10. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

This happened to me after getting off of birthcontrol. I have been off of it for 1.5 years and my periods are still messed up. they are never on time either.

11. Bumble

Bumble Senior Member

awwww <hugs> sorry for double posting, but I needed to share a cyber hug. this most likely has something to do with the irregular periods, but I'm not experienced with this.