Light Meat, Or Dark Meat?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by OnaQuestfortheD, Jul 18, 2015.

1. OnaQuestfortheD

OnaQuestfortheD Neither Hip nor For 'em

At the risk of starting a flame war about racism, a fellow user on here got me curious about something... How many of you are more attracted to darker skin? How many of you prefer lighter skin, for whatever reasons? How many of you are equally attracted to all colors of skin? I LOVE the exotic appeal of dark skin, but I also like the pale beauty of lighter skin... So I guess I'm happy either way, lol.

2. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I like all the flavours! My boyfriend right now is so white he glows in the dark, but I have dated or been attracted to basically every shade and race of human possible. Skin colour has no bearing on the things about a person that I find attractive, like height, eyes and personality.

3 people like this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like my girls white, or yella, though I never bed one of them yet.
    I do find certain darker skinned women to be attractive. I actually think African American men can be attractive especially in the faces where some just don't seem to have any blemishes at all.

I am not a fan of the red dots, but Indian chicks can shine too.

2 people like this.
  4. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith Members

A smooth brown skin lump of ass and butter skin can be very very hot. I'm definitely not going to hate. It took a black stripper for me to re-realize this but I'm thankful. would touch rub and sex up against that brown skin again anytime. European standards of beauty are definitely racist and overrated. I like to look for the sex-appeal in other women too.

1 person likes this.
  5. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I love whites n latinas and i loooove darker eastern european chicks they have some weird sex appeal to them

1 person likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it depends on the person. some girls look better dark, some look better light.

1 person likes this.
  7. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Well, that's just rubbish and such a general outpouring of verbal diarrhoea. I'm assuming you've got the research to prove this? More of a personal opinion isn't it...

Most of the guys I have been with have been white (because hey-ho, that is the racial make-up of where I have lived - that's a bit more scientific), but I have also had black African (2), black Caribbean(3) and smooth sexy southern Med Latin (3). All were wonderful guys. I remember the black African guys being almost obsidian black. What a wonderful contrast to my lily white European skin. I get goose bumps when I think back to them. And no, not all the black guys were shall we say, incredibly well endowed. Three were, the other two were just average hung. Another piece of urban myth bullshit.

I'm not attracted to any type of skin colour. I'm attracted to what lies under the skin.

Eric! and jmadre like this.
  8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I thought this poll was gonna be about chicken...

It's Hip Forums, I should have known better.

Orison, Eric!, StellarCoon and 2 others like this.
  9. Mattekat

Calm down no one was talking about you specifically. What you are attracted to personally doesn't change that the European and north American standards of beauty are still fucking racist. It is not a comment on you or anyone you know, it's just a fact. We aren't calling you racist and we aren't even saying Europeans are actively racist.

Standards of beauty doesn't mean what turns one person or another on, it means what is portrayed in the media and pushed on little girls in magazines. If the standards of beauty weren't so racist there wouldn't be so many black people bleaching their skin nowadays, and models wouldn't be a bunch of rail thin white girls that basically no one can look like except for other rail thin white girls.

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

muscles!

2 people like this.
  11. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Um, yes I know it wasn't a personal comment about me. I never said it was. I only answered the question as to my preference. I have none.

The text I quoted is just bullshit. It cannot be quantified, especially the 'definitely overrated' part. It is nothing but purely personal held ideas. How on earth does the person even segment out Europe :)) maybe they should have typed the words 'I personally believe' somewhere in the text instead of stating a fact.

12. Mattekat

There have actually been lots of studies about how European beauty standards negatively effect black women. Here is one: http://cswr.columbia.edu/?article=the-beauty-ideal-the-effects-of-european-standards-of-beauty-on-black-women

It's a pretty well known fact that the European beauty standard is of a white woman, so that statement wasn't really out of line. And only being into skinny white ladies as a society could be seen as overrated.

13. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

This is again just your personal opinion of Europe.

"It's a pretty well known fact that the European beauty standard is of a white woman" - Really? I wonder why that might be. Could it be that in Europe the vast majority of the population are Caucasian? Do you see any cause and effect there? What about other areas of the world? Do you think beauty ideals reflect the majority of the population 'look"?

"And only being into skinny white ladies as a society could be seen as overrated." - Who says? Where is there quantitative overarching research this is actually true?

And the comment "so many black people are skin lightening". Really? What percentage of black people are skin lightening? Do you mean the rich 0.01% of black celebs that can afford to do this?

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I imagine you're attracted to mostly what you're comfortable around. Europe is majority white. -shrug-
    I like Asians though. Yummy. -lick lips-

1 person likes this.
  15. Metal Groomp

Metal Groomp Members

I mostly love the white skin color. I don't know, I guess it's 'cause I was mostly raised around lots and lots of white people.

Black people can be gorgeous too but in my opinion, whites look better although blacks have nicer features than whites do.

I also love Asian people because they're so darn adorable especially as little babies. Oh, they're so precious!

I also like European people too and especially their accents, it's so romantic. :)

Just about everyone I like, no matter their skin but to be honest, I do prefer lighter skin people. I don't know why, I guess they're attractive...?

Though, I have to add, when I was a much younger kid, I thought that blacks looked a bit weird, especially baring their bodies. I never understood why, it's just a feeling I've developed over time and I was never told about racism and how everyone is equal.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But you also adorn that rebel flag, so you're a racist. :d

-jokes-

17. Jenny40

Jenny40 Members

Me too. Something about the straight black pubic hair gets me going every time. Had a wonderful experience with a gorgeous lady from Singapore years back.

1 person likes this.
  18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've always had a specific type - that sexy Mediterranean look. Dark eyes, dark hair, tanned olive skin, strong facial features. Yummmmm.

19. Mattekat

I'm not sure why your getting your panties in a bunch. Yes, European beauty standards happened because there were mostly white ladies there for a long time, but this isn't the case anymore and it's a dangerous ideal to have. A lot of Europeans, the media and the fashion industry still uphold this standard of beauty most of the time. I'm not saying this only happens in europe, but it is true. American beauty standards are just as bad.

Skin bleaching in europe is really common among black women and super dangerous. To think only the rich can do this is very naive, it's actually more common among poorer black people because they think it will help them achieve some sort of status in society. A super quick Google search gave me this article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/26/vanmarsh.skinbleaching/index.html?iref=mpstoryemail and there are many more. Once again, this is also common in many other places, but that doesn't change that it happens in europe too. That article was about skin bleaching products which are technically illegal in many places in europe (gee I wonder why they had to do that) but skin lightening products, which are somewhat safer, are used around the world and normally COME FROM EUROPE.

And the "could be seen as overrated" means that because this white lady ideal is what is around and in the media, some people could conceivably think (yes their own opinion this time! People are allowed to have those too! Le gasp!) that it is overrated because they prefer other types of women.

I could post tons of articles using the term European beauty standards aswell, but I've already posted one and I am tired of doing your research for you. These aren't personal opinions, look it up.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not sure why jenny is getting so offended either. I thought what matte is saying was pretty common knowledge. Whites are by far the majority and the standard in Hollywood and in the modeling world. These beauty ideals are pushed on people the world over. This is why pale skin is valued amongst blacks ( personally I think dark skin, like so dark it looks blue is the most beautiful skin in the world, but I digress), why black women spend so much time and money relaxing their hair and dying it lighter, why eyelid surgery is very popular amongst Asians and white skinned Asians are considered more attractive than darker skinned Asians.

I dont think matte is saying everyone prefers people of European ancestry, she is just saying within the business of style, fashion, and beauty whiteness is celebrated much more so than other ethnicities and young women internalize this and start thinking this is the way they need to look to be beautiful - even if it isn't true. Its kind of like how women think they need to be skinny even though a lot of men actually prefer curvy women. It is unfair beauty standards that may not have much to do with reality.

1 person likes this.