Life Without Any Drugs

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Ursula Buendia, Sep 29, 2005.

1. firelip

firelip Member

I partially disagree. There is some real wisdom in some of his works. None can be taken literally, but they can be good beginnings.

Jim

2. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

Ehh if you're going to free your mind start off with Doors of Perception, Heaven and Hell, then Island. Once you're done Island there are lots of psychedelic readings, but I think those start you off on the right foot. Just my opinion. ;-)

3. prismatism

prismatism loves you

man, ursula, i used to think like you. i thought i knew something the druggies didn't. now i'm a better person than i ever was. i learned to see things for what they are, and not judge them by the meaning someone else puts on them.

i used to look down on stoners. they disgusted me. they were so... i didn't know what, but now i know that word is "free". we don't have misconceptions about sobriety because we've been sober. we don't have misconceptions about drugs because we've used them. it's hard to understand a thing without understanding it's polar opposite. love and hate, up and down, black and white, sober and under the influence. how can you say you're close to understanding life when it's impossible for you to even understand what it MEANS to be sober, and you have been sober scince you were born? what can you possibly compare it to?

i think it's a great decision to try to stay healthy. but it's almost impossible to only put things into your body that WONT hurt it and still stay alive. so what you're doing, or not doing, may be working against you. just like a hamburger may be fattening, but it will keep you from starving.

i hope this makes sense :)

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

its true. you physically cant comprehend something unless youve been both with and without it. otherwise, how can your mind, philosophically or physically, define this thing?

5. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

I read Castaneda 'cause I'm interested in native americans and maybe you don't have the same experiences while preparing those plants because you don't "cook" them in the same way. I think Castaneda doesn't write bullshit and I think he's writing the truth, however, if you have any contrarguments please share 'cause I don't want to waste my time :) 2cesarewild, you say it's bullshit. How can you say it if you have read only the bio of him? I don't try to prove you Castaneda is right, I just want you to tell me this. You know more than me in this aspect.

dear prismatism, every user of drugs think that non-users don't know life. and every non-user thinks it's bullshit :) So it's old story.. I can live without it

btw my drug for today is "Electric Ladyland". Yesterday I was making my collage, it was 3 or 4am and I was listening to that album and suddenly I stopped working and attend to my body. I felt strings of guitar in me and he was playing in me. I don't remember wich track exactly it was, but that was... damn..

I know it sounds silly I don't care

6. Radiation

Radiation Ruling the Nation

But the difference is every user used to be a non-user.

7. 2cesarewild

Now you're talking about getting high. Nothing like listening to Hendrix's soul scream through his guitar. Except maybe listening to jerry sing through his heh.

I read excerpts of don juan as well as bios- castaneda was nothing more than an oppurtunist, a capitalist. Teachings is inaccurate with the real customs of the tribe that don juan was supposedly from. It is also inaccurate in certain ways that drugs are used. He smokes mushrooms or smokes peyote and claims to trip. Castaneda claimed to meet don juan at a train station or something ridiculous, yea i go down to the grand central and meet up with my shaman who knows i'm down with peyote, then we smoke blunts, and take long walks in the desert, and ya know, do other shamanic things. :rolleyes: Then he claimed to do mushrooms, out in the desert... yeaaaa the mushroom fields are as far as the eye can see in the desert lmao... I guess my point is take castaneda's work as fiction, passed off as truth by exploiting the era.

8. firelip

firelip Member

For some light reading, i would definitely suggest, "Storming Heaven" It is all about the history of psychomimetics and their use.

castanada wrote fiction, nobody disputes that, but it was allegorical fiction with some profound teachings. I have enjoyed several of his books, and i alwys get something of value from reading them. I would definitely not use them as a plant-medicine guide...LOL, but they are valuable works of art and expressions of spiritual wisdom.

BTW, 2ces, that list of your night's drug intake sets a very bad example. that is not far from the mix that took out a dear friend of mine just a couple of weeks ago. Please folks, Pharmaceuticals are poison, even the ones the doctor gives you! My friend was 20, and really way too smart to die such a tragic, stupid death. Weed, shrooms, dose, etc. will never take you out. Pills destroy the organs even if you do not end up like my friend.

Jim

Jim

9. prismatism

prismatism loves you

of course you can live without it, but you can't really know what living is until you either die, or step outside of your life. i'm sorry, but you really can't argue that. i'm not a christian but a good example is when eve ate the forbidden fruit. you can argue that things would have been better if she never had, but when she did, she gained a perspective of right against wrong. and you gotta have rain, to have rainbows. in my oppinion, one of the biggest lessons in life is that what is wrong can be turned right in a second by realizing there is no such thing as wrong. this doesnt mean you have to spend your whole time here stoned or tripping just because it isn't bad, but just for a minute imagine if you had NO judgements against anything. wouldn't you want to experience everything? i can't comprehend knowing there are other worlds to explore, and consciously deciding you don't care.

another thing.... most "users of drugs" are just as often "non-users", and when they are, they live in the same existence as you. and so they've had the opportunities to "figure out" just as much about life as you. and more. because, i don't know if you can fully grasp this concept if you've never experienced it yourself.... drugs make you feel life differently. i really don't know how to explain it to you.

"every non-user thinks it's bullshit" of course they do. how could they not? they are undeniably ignorant. ignorance is bliss and i guess if you think you're happy, you'll never need to know how happy you could be.

i don't know what i'm trying to convince you of. maybe just to open your mind, but i know most of what i say will go over your head because you just couldn't possibly know what i'm talking about. and if you admit to that, you prove me right.

<3

10. The Flow

The Flow Member

Pills can destroy you as well as they can cure you. It´s always an act of balance between the use and the unwanted effects of a substance. That´s why it is so important, to take only the dose your doctor told you to do.
    Once again: The difference between a med, a drug and a poison is only in the dose.

11. 2cesarewild

Yes it was a stupid thing to do, but I've been known to pull stupid shit after having some pints of the guinness in me. I haven't even really been drinking lately, my health is pretty bad right now, IDK why but I just went all out for no reason that night. but yea i been chilling on everything.. I think my pancreas or kidney or something is fucked up cause my abdomen gets swollen so much it will hurt my back, i'll have trouble urinating etc... so I've been chilling on even trees which is a big change for me. Anywho, I don't condone that type of mix to anyone, I don't remember shit and my apartment was all fucked up the next day. Who likes to clean up messes they don't even remember making, or just never waking up, which is something that could happen mixing benzos and liquor. or opes and liquor.

But yea, you can learn useful things from fiction definitely, you can learn all kinds of shit about life from stories fiction or not... but I find that a good amount of people genuinely think castaneda's work is non-fiction when they first pick up teachings or journey. So I guess first learning a bit about factual psychedelic info then picking up his books is probably a good method.

12. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

firelip, could you please tell me who's the author of "Storming Heaven". I'm really interested in.. or just leave it I'll see it in net. :)

Yeah.. think you're right about Castaneda 'cause I believe you know more than me about it, 'cause you have businness with those plants and even live in the same continent :)

prismatism, I like the way you speak (write) and what you speak (write). I agree with you:" in my oppinion, one of the biggest lessons in life is that what is wrong can be turned right in a second by realizing there is no such thing as wrong. this doesnt mean you have to spend your whole time here stoned or tripping just because it isn't bad, but just for a minute imagine if you had NO judgements against anything. wouldn't you want to experience everything? "
    However, there are different kinds of "wrong things" I mean for example.. in my country it's wrong to have sex without marriage, however, it's not wrong because it kills/damages you but 'cause it's not allowed by traditions etc. I mean if you have sex without marriage you don't have (for example) amnesia or depression in 10 years, you just break rules which someone made just because of nation's culture. Drugs aren't allowed by scientists, neather because of culture nor because of tradition but because of danger of your health.
    And I prefer to stay healthy and ignorant than get high and damaged.
    I prefer to break those rules that don't hart me.

13. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

I'm very sorry :( Just try to sleep more and drink more fruit juices and tea. It will force all "bad things" leave your body.

Thank you for advice of Castaneda

14. 2cesarewild

Thanks, I even changed my eating habits a lot, no change, it's gotten worse, and my shithead doctor doesn't seem too concerned when I tell him whatever is wrong with me will cause lots of strange sensations that I have never felt before in my abdomen, and I won't be able to piss and my stomach will be sticking out real far. It's convenient for him to keep telling me it's heartburn every time I go to his office, god I wish I could just fucking bitch slap him next time he says the word 'heartburn.' Considering I am on my third type of heartburn medicine, and considering my symptoms, it's obviously not heartburn, this guy is just a quack. I hate him and I am trying to find a new doctor right now. Major off topic lol...

15. firelip

firelip Member

here is one scientist who certainly allows drugs! I have never witnessed herb, shrooms, or dose cause any damage or pose a risk to health. Smoking anything is a bit hard on the body, but if ingested orally, none of these substances are as harmful as aspirin or birth control. DARE to think for yourself!

Jim

16. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Perhaps the single most important point to adress. it is an infallible logic. No baby and child is a user, thus everyone who is a user must have experienced being a non-user before hand. but I guess if someone started drugs at 12 or so, they havnt seen a huge deal of unadultered life, considering how big puberty is in life, so could that even be said as experiencing the non-user side? so at what point is one said to have experienced being a non-user? i think ideally it would be good for all stages up until finnishing school really, to be unadultered. even by the word, 'unadultered' is directly linked with 'un- adult', and generally adult is accepted at 18, give or take depending where you are. optimally, i perhaps would have waited to smoke weed later in life, and open the doors to other drugs subsequently later as well. but at the same time, i feel ive needed the 2 years before entering the real world to experience drugs and percieve my place in the world. if i had started later, i might not have developed the same way. at teh same time once again, some peoples lives are flunked out from smokin weed. before finnishin school.

thats why as a general optimuminity, id say drugs be kept till finnishing school, but if youve finnished school and not tried drugs then youre just living on a lower level.
    though what can i say, and what can many of us say? maybe when youre an adult, and youve never tried any drugs, life is completely different to as we imagine. its utopia~! IMAGINE!

17. generic

generic Member

sorry ursula but that has to be the most ignorant thing i've heard in a while bar the mushroms will take over your brain thing (what about gourmet mushrooms:p ). Drugs that are illegal are in the vast majority of cases much safer than the two legal drugs ciggarettes and alcohol. These drugs (e.g LSD, mushrooms, cannabis, basically any psychedelic) are illegal partly out of ignorance and fear, people don't really know what they do because they've never tried it themselves, so they are afraid of the quiet peaceful stoner/psychonaut and want him locked up when genuinely dangerous/aggressive drunks and are allowed to roam free. Doctors and informed opinion doesn't even come into it.

The second reason they are illegal is because of money, that's right money. You know what two industries in the US are the biggest contributors to the "War On Drugs"? Alcohol and tobacco, they don't want competition pure and simple and they don't even give a shit if good decent people are wasting away in small concrete cells for years and years as long as they turn a profit and get a big fat bonus. Scumbags like this don't deserve life purely because they've no respect for the lives of others.

And the governments themselves aren't innocent of this either. They make too much money from alcohol taxation (alcohol is very inneficient, it needs large doses to be effective so large amounts of money are spent on it. Imagine if LSD, which needs only 50-500 millionths of a gram to be effective were made legal. A one man operation could supply the whole country making use economies of scale selling doses for practically nothing), which would be greatly reduced if people began to prefer to get wasted off anything other than booze.

18. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

and then you get old and just start gettin fucked anyway

19. The Flow

The Flow Member

Yep, life´s too short to waste it, so one should make every kind of experiences!

20. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

Hello,
    I changed my mind I want to taste weed
    :rolleyes: