Life after death?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Visexual, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Visexual

Visexual Member

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I saw that on television. They made it very clear that the function they restored is nowhere close to being consciousness/awareness.
    But who knows where things like this will lead?

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Oh, I think that there those walking around with pig brains already. Although it's debatable wether they are really alive though.

4. All they did was revive a few cells in a pig's brain using nutrients. It's obvious, to me anyway, that this is what would happen if you did this and not surprising or really groundbreaking at all. Certainly nothing even coming close to resurrecting the dead. So, who knows, maybe in the far distant future they'll be able to resurrect the dead or maybe, for some reason, they won't. It's a big step from awakening some dormant cells to having the systematic, organized electrical activity in the brain that is associated with consciousness.

I'm not even sure why this is being sensationalized so much, except people want to pretend we know how to resurrect the dead.

Driftrue likes this.
  5. lode

lode Banned

Happy Pig Easter!!!!

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So the zombie apocalypse is just around the corner?

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Stupidity in Washington is often intentional. A dumb move probably makes the politician richer and he can't come across as too smart or elite especially if he's a Republican. So his words must be at a grade school level and he has to look as confused as the public about things like the tax code or a scandal. It's how people keep jobs.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That’s great news for former Boston Red Sox great Ted Williams who’s head is in Cryonic suspension.

I’m a fan of the book Donovan's Brain by Curt Siodmak but the idea of freezing my disembodied brain just seems a bit too morbid.